The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bahamas (WPT-PCA) 2007 - Official Updates Thread... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9592)

Talking Poker 01-02-07 08:56 PM

Bahamas (WPT-PCA) 2007 - Official Updates Thread...

All right, here it is. This is the thread that I will be using for my updates from the Bahamas, like I did . Assuming Kurn and Boobie Lover (who seems to have disappeared) have internet access from Atlantis, I hope they will post their updates in this thread too.

I'm flying out on Thursday morning, and will hopefully have found Rich and Wes sometime before the Thursday night cocktail party is over (I have sweatshirts for both of you guys). :cheers:

I'll update this first post with any relevant links as I find them.

Links:
-
-

Zybomb 01-02-07 09:18 PM

Looking forward to it -- wish I was there

omahilo 01-02-07 09:20 PM

yeah good luck guys... hope you guys do well.

kkirk1329 01-02-07 09:48 PM

gl to you three.

Robbie Robb 01-02-07 11:26 PM

I read on Wes' blog that he was taking off early for the islands. I believe he's already down there.

eejit101 01-02-07 11:55 PM

yup, i think he is. Sure i read something about him flying yesterday.

Talking Poker 01-03-07 01:37 AM

Yeah, he had mentioned that to me before via PM. Do we have any idea what he looks like, or should I just go up to all the 19ish year old looking guys I see and ask them if they like Boobies until someone says yes???

Kurn 01-03-07 09:12 AM

I will not be bringing a computer to the tournament, so the TPF community will have to rely on for updates.

The MM $2.5M final starts at 11:00 EST on Saturday and 'Stars estimates we will reach the rfinal table at about 7:00 PM.

I will do my best to keep notes on key hands and overall outcomes from the tourney itself and any other side games and tournies I play during the week and post those when I get back home.

My flight gets into Nassau at 2:20 PM tomorrow, so I should be getting to the hotel by 3:30 or so.

Kurn 01-03-07 09:14 AM

Yeah, but when one of them says "no" and coyly smiles at you, then what are you going to do? :eek:

New Guy 01-03-07 11:38 AM

Come on guys, kick some ass down there! I really hope you all hit them big down there.We'll be watching here! I need to start playing in some of these satties to these.man I'm dying to be getting ready to fly into the big touney!Anyhow win BIG

Talking Poker 01-03-07 12:46 PM

My start time is noon on Saturday, and I'm hoping to be playing all day long. I'll try to check in on you during breaks, depending on where your tourney is physically compared to mine. Your final table may be during my dinner break - so that would be cool.

I get in around around noon, so if I don't bump into you before 7, look for me at the cocktail party.

Kurn 01-03-07 12:59 PM

You shouldn't be too hard to spot from a distance, unless of course Phil Gordon, Phil Hellmuth and Huck Seed are in the way.

My info says we will be playing in the Coral Towers Grand Ballroom. Sounds awfully big for just 3 tables.

Talking Poker 01-03-07 01:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that's the main poker room where I will be too (that's where everything was last year), so that's great.

I can't wait. See you tomorrow.

Quint 01-03-07 01:16 PM

Good luck all. Play strong and suck out every chance you get!

Reel Deal 01-03-07 02:02 PM

Take 'er down boys!!

melioris 01-03-07 03:33 PM

Good luck!!!

X-Longshot-X 01-03-07 03:50 PM

Good Luck Guys!

juiCe[3x] 01-03-07 05:23 PM

Good Luck, I wish I could come. Hope you guys take it down!

Talking Poker 01-04-07 07:27 AM

I really hate being awake this early.

See you kids in the Bahamas.....................

GTDawg 01-04-07 09:31 AM

Yeah...you're going to the fucking Bahamas. There's not a dry eye in the house. By all means, we can trade. I'll go to the Bahamas and you can hang out in Atlanta starting school on Monday.

Think all you want.

melioris 01-04-07 10:55 AM

Yeah seriously, man up TP.

Now I love my life and wouldn’t trade it with any of you all, but I am supposed to feel bad for a single guy that has to get up at 6am so he can fly to the Bahamas? Here is a typical morning over here that happens before 6am. My little guy gets up at 5am +/- 30mins, downs a big bottle, he and I hang out and shoot the breeze for 10 minutes or so and then he squeezes out his early morning dump. I change his diaper, toss him in bed with my wife, grab the dog and go for a run. Repeat daily.

So you can see my heart breaks for you. You got up early, dragged yourself to the airport, possibly downed a bloody mary (but probably didn’t take the double the booze for an extra $1) while maybe eating one of those big ass airport breakfasts, got on a plane, and crashed out for the flight.

Regardless, good luck to you all.

New Guy 01-04-07 11:51 AM

Is that daddy downs a big bottle of booze to get the day off?? LOL

Boobie Lover 01-04-07 02:05 PM

I've been gone in the Bahamas for the past week without a laptop/internet access, thus my absense. I am currently at the Atlantis, and will hope to see Kurn and TP while I am here. I'll be wearing a striped black/blue/white polo shirt. I'm about 5'8'' 180. I'll also be with my brother who is 6'3'' in a green shirt.

Best of luck to us all (but mostly me).

Zybomb 01-04-07 02:52 PM

LMAO -- great description

jillaj 01-04-07 05:02 PM

There is no way you won't find him with that type of description.