The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Playing with bad results (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14520)

thrash1294 09-01-08 11:33 PM

Playing with bad results

Lately I have been playing my best poker ever.Using position,trapping playling only solid hands but have had some big swings and down for last two weeks but up overall for the month.Its so frustrating I punsih draws but the continue the play bad odds and suck out. Yes I am only play$25 no limit so Its chump change to most I Guess.

Any suggestion?
I am starting to feel like I am Just Fighting windmills :twocents:

Reel Deal 09-01-08 11:50 PM

Booze works good.

mundybags1 09-09-08 05:15 PM

I would say to keep playing the way you are if you are actually playing well. step back and look at you hand history to actually see if you are playing as well as you think. you may find something small that can make you start winning again. DON'T BLUFF TO MUCH. good luck

hackers238 09-09-08 08:34 PM

In my experience (~80K hands), NL25 is pretty much a value betting clinic. Cut out the fancy stuff, and make sure you're getting maximum value. Default with TPTK type hands should be bet/bet/bet, rather than a street removed for pot control.

I'm also having trouble dealing with the swings, as I took August off and in my first 5000 hands at NL25 I'm +/- 0. :(:(:(

gogzy 09-11-08 01:52 PM

if you honestly feel you are playing your best poker and on your A game then dont change anything and the results will come

if results stay the same then it might be time to evaluate your play

Invigilator 09-11-08 03:22 PM

Hacker and gogzy are dead on. Most of my experience is at 25 max, and most of my big mistakes (impacting results) have come from deviating from ABC poker.

Playing ABC in that field can be frustrating in bad runs, or rather when donktards keep defying all logic and taking your cash way more than they should. Kinda makes me understand why PH gets so pissed all the time when he loses.;)

Post some PT numbers though. That usually provides some insight.

Zybomb 09-11-08 03:25 PM

Change the way you play AA

Talking Poker 09-11-08 04:38 PM

How can we give you advice when all we have to go on is that you say you are playing your best? What if your best isn't good enough?

At a minimum, post some PT numbers, but better yet, post some hands. At the end of every session, go through your top 10 biggest winning hands and the biggest losing hands. Some will be no brainers, I'm sure, but many will not. Pick a few of those and post them in the Hand Analysis section.

And especially post the hands you think you may have misplayed. Posting bad beats and coolers is doing yourself a disservice.

Invigilator 09-11-08 05:08 PM

Hand posting would be a great way to help. Especially since we are talking about 25 max, there will be more people who can bring to bear some experience at or above this level.

Be sure to use the spoiler functions for the actions you are questioning.

gogzy 09-11-08 05:15 PM

wait this is cash games?

sigh i iz no good at cash games

as me about sitgos lol

thrash1294 09-11-08 05:30 PM

I pretty much play ABC poker .I dont bluff much at all Only orphan pots really . Since I first posted this Its been mostly a gerbal wheel
only winner is RAKE:(

Kurn 09-11-08 08:14 PM

Post some hands. Not bad beats. Post some you win, some you lose, some you fold out of doubt. Post some that seem "typical."

The idea is to let some other people look at how you're reading boards, bets, etc.