The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WPT Borgata (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13130)

Zybomb 01-22-08 05:04 PM

WPT Borgata

Off to WPT @ Borgata tonight.

Adrian is playin in the $2500 event tomorrow -- Im gunna try a Single Table Satty or two tonight and hope to win my seat that way (if they are close to as soft as they were @ Harrah's I should be good). If by some chance I don't final table this event (:D) Im gunna play in the $500 Thursday. I also may potentially try and hit a satty or two into Friday's $5k. If neither me or Adrian is playing in Friday's $5k Im probably gunna head back Friday Afternoon...if we are then we'll stay longer but the prices @ Borgata are steep even with Poker Rates (Harrahs was $49 during the week and $99 Fri/Sat compare to $129 week, $249 Fri and $299 Sat), Borgata is $129 durin the week and $199 Fri $239 Sat with the poker rate i cant imagine what it is without.

Unfortunately I can not event attempt a run at the main event because it spans the 27th-31st and I have a court appearance back in NY on the 30th @ 9AM (long story).

Updates w/ final table appearances hopefully to follow

Cash games should also be super juicy!

Talking Poker 01-22-08 06:02 PM

Long story, please.

Also, if you want to sell a couple % of yourself, let me know how much.

Zybomb 01-22-08 06:37 PM

Adrian will have his labtop down with him so I can update from there... if I wind up playing either the $2500 or $5000 I'd be interested in selling a couple of % of myself, I'll post later tonight if I am playing tomorrows $2500 and later on in the week if I am playing Friday's $5k.

Im definitely playing Thursday's $500 unless I final table the $2500, but it probably doesn't make much sense to sell % for a $500 buy in -- Edit: eh who am I kidding, Im sattying into the $2500 tonight and final tabling the bitch Thursday so the $500 is out of the question :D

As far as the long story I'll make another thread in the general discussion about the ridiculous situation I got myself in 2 months ago when I get the chance -- but it probably wont be till after Im back home since Im leaving in a few minutes and I hate typing long things on adrian's labtop bc the keyboard is weird and I make a billion typos

Zybomb 01-27-08 02:17 AM

Just got internet access now. Quick update -- still here. Played the $2500 and busted late day 1. Was up $10k in cash game in the first two days, but suffered a $6k downswing the past 2 days :mad:. Adrian is playin in the main event tomorrow -- as I said b4 I am not bc I wont be able to finish... full report when I get back including some very interesting hands.

Zybomb 01-28-08 09:31 PM

Im back home now but I don't feel like typing of a full report right now

Cliff Notes:

- Was up almost $11k in the first two days of the trip (-$2650 for the $2500 event which I bought into) all playing exclusively 5/10NL $2k Max Buy In @ Borgata. While Adrian played 10/20 NL $5k max Buy in during the week and took 1 shot at 25/50 NL No Cap the last day, I never went higher (nor wanted to at this point) than 5/10 (he's also has about 8x my bankroll so i guess it makes sense). The Game was decent -- a lot of 'grinders' were playing there (not necessarily a bad thing bc they don't like getting involved in marginal situations, so i was able to push them off hands pretty easily as long as I kept a clean image and didn't get caught) and there were usually 2-3 fish at the table eager to dump money away. Suffered a $6k downswing the next two days (holy shit some people CAN NOT FOLD!!!!!) and picked up a few bucks the last day. After Tournament Buy Ins plus Hotel Expenses/food/gas/tolls/club n bar bill etc I came up ahead $1100 for the trip... cool but disappointing considering how I started off.