The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why February might suck... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10097)

Talking Poker 02-22-07 12:48 PM

Why February might suck...

So, I know a lot of people are struggling this month... whether they are down overall or not up as much as they usually are and so on.

Just last night, I had all the 3/6 and 5/10 tables open at Full Tilt and only spotted a couple of donkeys - and these were medium sized donkeys, and not uberdonkeys. I haven't seen ANY of those guys for a while now.

Does anyone think that the closing of Neteller might be making an impact on game selection? I don't think anyone can argue that it's harder to get money online now than it used to be.... before, when the Player ATMs would bust, they could just reload and we'd still have juicy games. I'm sure some of them are still reloading, but even if just a fraction of them have quit after going broke recently, that's making the games harder overall.

I dunno.... just a though. I can say for certain though that I have been having more trouble finding really good games than I used to - no question about it.

lightfungus 02-22-07 01:47 PM

I had this same thought last night when I logged on to Stars and couldn't find an available table out of about 15 that hand an average pot over 10BB...I'm scared...

JDMcNugent7 02-22-07 02:27 PM

Yes this is def. what is hurting everyone, I thought everyone just figured it.
I also think alot of the players are dong worse because they are trying to have just a good of a month as they are used to, yet they are playing harder players, and trying to hard to win the $ they are used to. I know that's what I was doing earlier.

I think you just have to figure winrates are going to go down, but still worth it.

GeoffM 02-22-07 03:47 PM

Full Tilt is rigged :mad: :eek:

Robbr25 02-22-07 06:45 PM

I have noticed that the tables I usually pick to sit down at are few and far between now, but somehow I am still doing well this month.
So who knows.

johnp158 02-22-07 10:30 PM

Well, I wouldn't consider myself a donkey, but others might differ on that opinion. I haven't played any poker in the last month or more, except for the free satellite token full tilt gave me because they can't process my check. I wasn't playing for a while because I've been busy and also was kind of losing interest (and money).

Now that I've kind of had a break, I wouldn't mind playing again, but I also don't plan on jumping through any hoops to deposit. I was playing pretty seriously for a good while, but to me, it's just not worth tying up a significant amount of money for an indeterminate period of time. I guess I have the feeling that people who take the game less seriously than I have will also tend to shy away for the time being.

I haven't been alarmist through this whole thing, but I just have a bad feeling about it.

JDMcNugent7 02-22-07 11:01 PM

why cant they process ur check?

PShabi 02-22-07 11:10 PM

DUH

Talking Poker 02-23-07 12:17 AM

STFU. :rolleyes:

johnp158 02-23-07 09:49 AM

Some problems with their processor. Apparently they're working on it, but meanwhile, they've given the option of canceling the request and going with that new payment processor they're using. I looked into it right after they announced it but don't remember much. Anybody have any experience yet? Seems like I remember reading about all kinds of ridiculous fees.

Maybe I'll just play with my money.