The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UB cheating as well? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13212)

melioris 01-31-08 03:44 PM

UB cheating as well?

How many sites are rigged?

I am not the tinfoil hat kind, but there are some facts that need to be stated.

1). Absolute Poker is a corrupt site that has superuser accounts, one of which was used by higher up at the company.

2). Once it was notified, Absolute Poker at first worked to cover-up the above fact while allowing some superuser accounts to remain active.

3). When all this became public, and after a formal investigation found the above two statements to be true, Absolute has lost little site traffic.

Links provided in to pour over the AP situation. Ok, so maybe all the above is just one rotten apple in the barrell, except almost the exact same thing is happening at Ultimate Bet, according this .

So which sites are above reproach and why? And wtf is the PPA doing about this shit? That organization is a sham and anyone in it should rescind their membership ASAP.

Zybomb 01-31-08 03:57 PM

I dont feel like wading thru 61 pages of crap so can someone summarize for me please?

FYI I think the two hands that were posted as evidence don't really seem to be that good evidence to suggest cheating.

melioris 01-31-08 04:18 PM

sorry, I should have done better with the OP. The hands posted are not good examples at all. Later in the thread most of the HS players at UB on 2+2 wade in and all agree that the players named (I forget the screen names provided) set off alarms. These are HS players like durr, cts, and others that usually are very careful about protecting their public images. Essentially, one account in particular appeared, running 65/20 preflop, and went on a 3 week 150K-500K streak. The most damning circumstantial evidence was that this account was closed, not stopped playing, but cashed out and the account closed by user, on the same day that the AP story broke.

Reel Deal 01-31-08 04:48 PM

Talking Poker 01-31-08 05:42 PM

I believe AP and UB are owned/operated by the same scumbags people.

I don't play at either site any more, and frankly, it ASTOUNDS ME that other people still do.

There is more than enough game selection, big tourneys, bonuses, loyalty programs, and rakeback at Poker Stars and Full Tilt, that I really don't know why anyone would feel the need to play anywhere else.

Sure, there are a number other sites worth bonus whoring and beating up on the terrible players at the low limits, but at least avoid the ones that have been PROVEN themselves to be untrustworthy!!!

Be smart.

skippy76 01-31-08 05:49 PM

yes. AP owns UB now, and i beleive this is the basis for the rumors about UB. the Kannehawk comission leveled some steep fines and made for future penalties to be far worse, i dont think AP is going to let it happen again