The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bounty Poll: Whatever week this is... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13230)

Invigilator 02-02-08 11:47 PM

Bounty Poll: Whatever week this is...

The winner of this week's poll gets to pick this week's bounty.
They must be registered and at the table at game time to pick.

The bounty can't be:

bdawg
OW
TP
VMF
Kurn
NewGuy
Fildy
Bunny
PokerRef

Talking Poker 02-03-08 10:29 AM

Have we really not had an Invigilator bounty yet??? :mad:

Invigilator 02-03-08 01:34 PM

I don't think so, but...

If I get picked this time, I'll think of something else.

Talking Poker 02-03-08 01:40 PM

Ah, fair enough...

(This is a test to see what a quoted spoiler looks like)

Nikita 02-03-08 01:43 PM

Oohhhh...looking good, I like picking bounties. Now, if I do win, should I pick someone everyone likes? Or someone everyone dislikes?

Invigilator 02-03-08 01:46 PM

I think it would defeat the intent if we were to influence you in any way. Just let that twisted mind churn out whatever you want!

bdawg31 02-04-08 11:38 AM

Well, since we all love each other and we are one big, happy poker-forum family - there is no way you can pick someone that everyone dislikes.

Robbie Robb 02-04-08 01:31 PM

:mad:Screw you hippie!!!!:mad:

:D:D:D

CalifNaughti 02-04-08 01:37 PM

I absolutly adore N1kita, she is the best player on this forum as far as I am concerned. So I voted for her. She will probulary take me out but thats ok. I learn something from her everytime I am in a game she plays. :)

Robbie Robb 02-04-08 01:49 PM

Bwa-hah-hah-hah-hah!!! I'll come up with a better answer after I go change my pants after pissing them from laughing so hard.

(By the way - only I get to laugh at that statement like that. Anyone else gets a kick in the junk!:D)

Seriously - I've always said she's a TERRIFIC tourney player - much better than her cash game. I readily admit that she's far better at tourney's than I am. The only problem is finding the time to sit down and play uninterrupted for a few (or more) hours. It's fine if I'm off then I can take care of the rugrat but I work nights so I'm usually not there.

So from me, Thank You! for the kind words. I can proudly say "Hey right on! That's my wife you're talking about!"

Talking Poker 02-04-08 02:08 PM

Sign me up for a kick in the junk, please. :D

No offence to N1kita intended, of course - You know I love her, and I think her game is solid. But the best player on the forum? I suspect even N1k would get a chuckle from that comment! :rolleyes:

Kurn 02-04-08 02:21 PM

To Cali's defense, she probably is unaware of folks like JD & Storm.

Nikita 02-04-08 04:27 PM

I appreciate the compliment and will take it humbly. It makes me feel better about my game, but I know I need a lot of work. (I agree that JD and Storm are overall better players than me. Hersch although I've never watched him, I would say based on his stats is a better tourney player).

I'll never go pro, but I don't really want to. I could play higher stakes, but withdraw so I can stay at the same limits. I should post and comment on HHs, but I don't. Now if I had more ambition for poker, I would probably stop being satisfied with just a positive ROI and work towards increasing my hourly winrate, but meh, I have a 2 1/2 year old and another on the way and that is more important to me right now. As long as poker is just a hobby for me, I'll probably never really be the best.

Talking Poker 02-04-08 04:51 PM

I agree completely and hope you change your mind about the bold.

Invigilator 02-04-08 08:23 PM

I could spend months searching for the right words and find nothing better to describe Nikki. (in reference to poker playing only)

Nikita 02-04-08 09:38 PM

So going with Mayhem on the bounty.

BlibbityBlabbity 02-05-08 05:09 PM

I wasn't clear on the rules from Invig on this so I just made a note in the league thread....

the unknown guy knocked out Mayhem last night. What happens with this for your bounties Invig?

bunny 02-05-08 10:56 PM

My understanding of what invig said : (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Nikita (alone) was last night's bounty, BB. Since she won the vote, she gets to choose next week's bounty. She chose Mayhem.

Invigilator 02-05-08 11:11 PM

Clarification

Buy winning the poll prior to last nights game, Nikita won the right to select the person who was the bounty FOR THAT GAME.

She picked Mayhem.

Since a non-league member got the knockout, I took the 10 bucks a bought a round trip ticket to the corner store.

Next week's bounty is ... oh, I don't want to say to much. ;)

BlibbityBlabbity 02-05-08 11:51 PM

That was the part I was wondering about. Hope you enjoyed your sixpack of Zima from your trip:cheers:

Robbie Robb 02-05-08 11:58 PM

Can't buy Zima in Canada.... :(

BlibbityBlabbity 02-05-08 11:59 PM

Polar Bear piss then....whatever:rolleyes:

Invigilator 02-06-08 04:08 PM

After a 10 dollar plane ticket, all I bought was penny candy.