The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Congrats Windbreaker!!! (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14374)

Talking Poker 07-28-08 02:35 AM

Congrats Windbreaker!!!

In case anyone missed the chatbox tonight, Windbreaker won the Daniel Negreanu Package thing!!!

Woooooooohooooooo!!!!!

drewjax 07-28-08 02:38 AM

I am very very jealous..........

but really really happy for you

Well done! Have a blast

:cheers:

Windbreaker 07-28-08 02:43 AM

Thanks all. I'm so tired. I play way too much poker...and I still have to focus on this rebuy tourney....lol

Fildy 07-28-08 02:56 AM

Good game bro, now win the rebuy.

Windbreaker 07-28-08 03:13 AM

JDMcNugent7 07-28-08 03:13 AM

holy shit that's awesome. so u won a 17k package? dont u play really low stakes? u don't seem very excited maybe im wrong about something

Windbreaker 07-28-08 03:19 AM

Right now it really has hit me.....cause I'm dead tired. I've been playing for like 13 hours now. I don't know how I'm still in this rebuy tourney. The lag I have really suckssssssssssssssssss. I don't know if I can play post flop or not now.

I play mostly 60 dollar sngs. I'm still pretty nitty.

When I first won a WSOP package and PCA package...I was really excited, couldn't even sleep....but now, the thrill is a bit different....looking for bigger things.

drewjax 07-28-08 03:31 AM

May nits take over the world!

one ? tho.....

the website says its 18 players? Do they have 18 of these 'final' tournaments?
Its obv cool as shit, but I thought it was only you going.

It'll be hot as shit, but should be the time of a lifetime.

:thumbsup:

Windbreaker 07-28-08 03:35 AM

Stars bought 3 packages....the rest of the guys are going to be buying in directly...probably a bunch of high rollers....I'm going to look so out of place...lol.

drewjax 07-28-08 03:41 AM

Ah ok, I see. So stars is having two other tourneys, and 15 others CAN buy in. awesomer

congrats again..............and yes, we ALL want a WB video.

:cheers:

melioris 07-28-08 08:20 AM

congrats windbreaker,maybe TP will get you a hat a little early.....

Invigilator 07-28-08 11:46 AM

Well done sir!

Wes 07-28-08 11:50 AM

Awesome.

Spidey44 07-28-08 12:07 PM

Sweet! Nice job!

2Tone 07-28-08 01:04 PM

Fantastic

I look forward to an epic trip report.

Talking Poker 07-28-08 04:30 PM

LOL.

Talking Poker 07-28-08 04:32 PM

I was thinking he already had one, but if not, let me know and I'll get it done!!!

JDMcNugent7 07-28-08 06:33 PM

wtf, you've won about half a mill this year windbreaker?

Robbr25 07-28-08 06:37 PM

Congrats !! Now win the Main Event ! Have fun !

MAYHEM45 07-28-08 07:19 PM

lol, JD you're gettin dumber by the minute :)

JDMcNugent7 07-28-08 09:05 PM

knew i had to be reading something wrong ya im dumb. still really good #'s i had no clue u played $60 sngs that often.

edit: holy shit u play so many a day
how many hours/day is that and is this ur only job? how old are u?

well post lol

drewjax 07-28-08 09:46 PM

He said last night he still has a full time day job! :eek:

He called himself a nit too, and according to Fildy I'm an uber nit.

Nits ftw??
:thumbsup:

Gordogg 07-29-08 09:56 PM

Awesome job Windbreaker!

hackers238 07-30-08 01:51 AM

congrats!

Windbreaker 08-01-08 12:30 AM

Thanks all. Yes, I play a ton of 60/45's. I had a lot of success early playing these and switched to them around from around August of last year on.

I did play a few MTT here and there before then...but very rarely. I mostly played lower limit cash games and had a stretch of playing $16/18 player SNGs...before finding the 60/45s.

I never don't know many sng's I average on a day. It varies a bit. On the weekend, you can get a ton going, while on weekdays, not nearly as many get up and running.

I really don't advocate playing this much to anyone. It's really easy to get back and eye problems playing so much. Also you need to be emotionally stable and have the bankroll to get through the downswings. The turbo multitable tourneys probably is one of the higher variance games.

As for the DN tourney, as some of you witness, the play was exceptionally poor. I really didn't have to do much and wasn't at risk for the majority of the tourney. I can only recall one major suck out against someone that really had no business being in the hand. Other than that, I won a lot of small pots and a few coinflips, and had some donations. When it got down to about 125 players left, I really thought I had a shot to win it, since I probably was the best player left with top 5 chip stack. I pretty much cruised to the final table then got a bit card dead without many opportunities to pick up pots. Going into heads up I was slightly behind in chips, but the opponent was exceptionally weak.

I was able to easily take advantage and he gave away the tourney on the last hand.

As for the details of the package - So far I know I received:
- a year's subscription to PokerVT
- Limo service from the airport to the hotel (am I suppose to tip the driver??? 10 bucks??)
- 3 nights at accommodation at the new hotel and resort Palazzo
- BBQ at DN's
- Catered breakfast and lunch
- Lessons from DN
- Dinner at a restaurant in the Venetian
- Night out at a club
- Poker tourney for a Bahamas PCA package