The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   jdiana Appreciation Thread (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15509)

Wes 06-08-09 02:03 AM

jdiana Appreciation Thread

This thread is dedicated to the genius that is jdiana. I for one bow down to his schizophrenic greatness.

Showing his prowess in playing pot limit omaha, he shows how he learned to slowplay a set of aces, but was bad beated on the river.....

"In the tourney I played, I was on my way to the final table barring some serious screwing up, but I got busted for following some advice I found somewhere, not sure if it was this forum or not. But I flopped top set with AA no str8 of flush possiblity, and I remembered seeing somewhere that checking the flop here was a legitamate play, although this may have been advice for a cash game. So I checked the flop and went all in on the turn...the guy backdoor flushed me, but he had me beat on the turn with the nut str8. I either didn't have the discipline to fold or I was making the right play, he needed to have 89 or something for the straight and he did...the board didn't pair and as previously mentioned, he hit a flush."

Then he starts with his long string of posts asking for a stars to full tilt transfer. When no one would oblige him, he comments on leaving .

"If I agree to leave the forum, will you do a $25 transfer to Full Tilt TP? I have set limits on how much I put online every month, so I couldn't deposit directly to Full Tilt."

, but could not transfer his funds because he was actively playing in a tournament. Before he could get the transfer going...

" i blew my roll...im quitting poker "

But, that wouldn't stop him from acquiring some cash from other venues. He tried selling some of poker books to New Guy. There was an obstacle in the transaction though. By New Guy,

"Your mom found out and wont let you sell your books? Sounds kinda fishey ! Glad I said you have to send them first before I send any cash!! Bet your "mom" would have had a problem with you sending my cash back too!! Anyone else think this seems a little shady? If im wrong Im sorry! However I wont leave - feedback as you requested but the fourm needs to know how this went down!!"

How exactly could this brilliant mind have lost all his money? Well, he did have a problem while playing...

"I fell asleep at hand #232 with 73k in chips - finished in 26th place, last hand being #304...would have made the FT barring an unforseen bad beat or two."
"I have no excuse. "

"BEAT: Fell asleep about half way through a freeroll on fulltilt. It was PL Omaha HI, woke up this morning and I finished 2 spots out of the money (29th place)."

But, this would not stop him from still commenting on hands. No, I dare say, he interjected some brilliance still.

"AA and KK win small pots and lose big ones. don't focus on doubling up when you get these hands, this will only happen if you get in preflop so i would either limp and hope someone raises, or raise preflop based on position. as far as opening for the same amount every time..."

"u are trying to flop NUT str8s, wraps are only good for straights since u are not drawing to the nut flush, and hoping to flop trips is just suicide. first of all you can easily be beaten by a full house and if do flop trips, you don't have a good kicker.

and remember it doesn't matter what you have on the flop, it only matters what you have on the river...depending on the limit, this will be determined on how many hands go to the river."

"FWIW I believe that hellmuth is advertising his image of being easy to get him on tilt and being a "bad" player in cash games. the cash games on tv are probably way below what he normally plays so he can afford to mold his player image. when it comes to the wsop, i think he plays seriously because all he cares about is winning bracelets. this may sound a little unbelievable but i am just speaking my mind."

Mogul4 06-08-09 03:21 AM

Wow.

So many things to say, so little time as im feeling a bit tired....

Firstly - I never knew "SWA's" son died. No matter how much of a cock he was/is, that is a shame.

Secondly - The KK hand advice is golden. I cant remember the last time i won a big pot (4 minutes ago) with AA or KK (AA) without it going in preflop (it went in on the river after i made the best river check to him ever IMO)

Thirdly - His gambling addiction. I knew very personally someone with a gambling problem. Hed steal money for it. All kinds of things. It was pretty bad. The thing is without some kind of help, they wont get out of it, not alone, its on an even level with most drug addictions. The problem he has is either not having the help he needs to stop, or not having the will power to take the first step (calling up a helpline or something). I mean if its that bad all the help he needs is going to be free. I mean the guy i know, did some pretty shitty stuff, but he is a nice bloke, a great friend, and has basically sorted everything out. He plays online occasionally, freerolls, private money added games, that kind of thing, but he has got to a stage where he can control it, he can do other things instead of it, he hasnt deposited in 5 months (i know that for a fact), and he has built up a decent BR a few times from $0, just some stakes or whatever, as he is a good MTT player. Then hed cash off and buy some stuff, go out, that kinda thing. A fun way to take it IMO..

Fourthly - Im just getting towards the bubble in a $15 on FT, lying in bed all comfortable, gonna go deep as long as.asdnbsdvjasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssddddddd ddddddddddddddfsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssffffffffffffffffffff

Talking Poker 06-08-09 03:49 AM

Wow Wes, that had to take some serious work to put that together. I'm impressed.

All gold, but I think my favorite is the part where if I do a transfer for him, he will leave the forum forever. LOL. Then again, that PLO hand is pretty golden. Then agai---- Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

Reel Deal 06-08-09 08:52 AM

I'm getting kicked to a log-in page when I click on the links Wes provided... sup w/dat?

de-coder 06-08-09 12:50 PM

That's because you're logged into and not talkingpoker.com where the links are - it's a cookie thing. I had the same issue.

2 ways to fix it - log in when prompted, or just add the www to the url - either will work, but option 1 will work for all the links.

claudioxcore 06-08-09 02:14 PM

[x] this thread delivers.

Reel Deal 06-08-09 03:04 PM

TY sir. :cheers:

Invigilator 06-08-09 05:11 PM

Thread of the year.

jdiana86 06-08-09 07:44 PM

fuckers

Mogul4 06-09-09 01:37 AM

Hey, i was kinda nice

New Guy 06-09-09 08:42 PM

Quality post WES !!