The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beats and Brags (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Lost it... 3 Hands to complete Tilt (long) (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3669)

Zybomb 10-27-05 03:34 PM

Lost it... 3 Hands to complete Tilt (long)

To start I want to say I am normally fairly good about controlling my tilt...of course everyone goes on little mini tilt sprees.... but I think last night was the first time I was ever on Full Tilt

Live Game, I pulled a Phil Helmouth at the table yesterday....it stemmed off of three hands within about 20 minutes of each other, and took me for over a 700 swing

1/2 NL I was about 450 ahead

Hand 1

I raise to 10 with 55 and only get 1 caller.

Flop: 5c 8h Jc

I bet out 15, opponent raises me to 45, I decide to fast play after a bit of table talk with him and put his whole stack of roughly 180 in (total) The guy INSTA-calls me with Jack 10 off suit.

Turn: 10

River: 10

I kind of smile and shake my head....insta call TP Jack Kick? I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders, Im like whatever "good hand"

Obvious horrible beat, but the fact that he made such a poor call just lets me know he'll pay me off later.

HAND 2:

Straddle to 5, Player raises to 20, 2 people call and Im on the button with Ah10h and decide to give it shot also. 4 Players to the flop

Flop: 10c 10d Jh (whats with these 10s and Jacks tonight?)

PFRer 1st to act moves all in for 170. Folds to me. I give him a questioning look and Im like...ok... call? (not understanding his move)

He flips over QQ. "You call my 20 dollar raise with A10s??" he shouts. Turn comes a Queen. GREAT

After telling me thats what I deserve (lol) Im like yea good bet, keep makin bets that are only gunna be called when your beat.

Something I usually wouldnt say, but this is maybe 10 minutes after the last beat, so Im starting to feel the effects of Tilt comin on...I walk around for a sec and Im still ok I think.

HAND 3

This may be my own fault, as I gave an idiot more credit than he deserved. Raise to 12 with AsQs idiot from hand 1 calls me.

Flop: Ac Qc 8d

Pot is 27. I fire 25 into it. He thinks for a moment and calls

Turn: Jh. I fire out 50 he moves all in (he had me covered at this point I had about 150 more in front of me)

I sit for a moment....Ok he may have pocket 8s, but usually with a pocket pair he'd reraise preflop from what Ive seen. Theres a K 10 straight possibility out there, but thatd mean he'd have to have called my nearly pot sized flop bet with a gutshot? He cant be that stupid can he? Ok CALL

K10 it is.

Then I pulled the Helmouth.

"WOW....WHAT ARE YOU CALLING THE FLOP WITH??? Man, what a horrible player....you call a pot sized bet chasin a 4 outer? I even thought to myself K 10 is a straight, no that means he'd have to have called on an inside straight draw he cant be that dumb....Wow you are one terrible player"

The dialogue is obviously no texactly but its a basic idea of what was said. Its the first time I have really lost it at the table before. It wasnt just this one hand, it was this one terrible hand, which happened within 20 minutes of the other 2 horrible beats, and the fact that I took a 700 swing in that time, which should havebeen in the other direction. I knew where my mind was, and should of just stopped playing... but I kept at it for 1/2 an hour longer.

I played super tight for the remaining 1/2 hour I was there (controlling my tilt) and picked up one decent pot where I had a straight against 2 pair (ironic huh, except mine was flopped).

It gave me a little life -- I left down about 140 for the night, the entire night I was around the 400-500 up mark and if not for these 3 beats I would of walked up easily over 1000. The first two nothing I can do, my money was in with the best hand both times. I lost to a runner runner outer, and a 2 outer. The third one, maybe I could of reconsidered and layed down, but I think even while tilting a little (then a lot after this hand) my thinking was correct and my hand should still have been the best.

Talking Poker 10-27-05 04:15 PM

That's a tough few hands right there.... ouch.

I assume you were NOT wearing the TP hat, were you? No way the TP hat let's this happen.

Zybomb 10-27-05 04:16 PM

Lol, I actually wasn't wearing it