The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Does anyone else hate Annie Duke? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63)

Jackass_man 10-20-04 04:46 PM

Does anyone else hate Annie Duke?

I never liked her to begin with and then I read what Daniel N had to say about her. I think she is a no talent hoe , TOC she got extremely lucky!

Talking Poker 10-20-04 04:49 PM

What did Daniel say about her?

Jackass_man 10-20-04 05:06 PM

It's a good read about little Annie.

robert2504 10-20-04 10:04 PM

Wow!!!

WOW!!,

I did not expect that out of Daniel. I do like Annie, but maybe I would change my mind if I would see those things. Although, I do believe she is a good player.

johnbaker 10-20-04 11:11 PM

wow i had no idea she was like that... I'll take Daniel's word for it though

-jB

Jackass_man 10-20-04 11:37 PM

Yeah I think that Daniel is a reliable source since he has nothing to gain by bad mouthing her.

johnbaker 10-21-04 12:48 AM

i notice that post is from 2003.... during the TOC Daniel was friendly with her, maybe they settled their differences?

Talking Poker 10-21-04 02:25 AM

Thanks for the link. Good read.

Annie and Daniel were on last week's WPT Poker Corner (with Hellmuth). Maybe they have put their differences behind them... or maybe they just play nice on tv.

Come to think of it, Daniel DID disagree with Annie a few times rather adamantly.

Aequitas58 10-21-04 07:41 AM

I didn't click the link, but I'm pretty sure I know which article you are referring to.

My main issue with that article is credibility. Can we be sure Daniel wrote that? It's something from RGP, which is automatically suspect.

Aequitas58 10-21-04 07:43 AM

Seems like a good player, and she did well (very lucky) in the TOC. That being said, she can be a little overbearing even to watch on TV! I think her attitude is so blatant because she's making her living in a world dominated by men.

Could be wrong.

Jackass_man 10-21-04 10:51 AM

He posts on RGP often , moreso then any other pro that I know of. If it was false I'm sure he would have said something about it.

Charlie Frank 10-21-04 11:35 AM

You can dislike someone straight off the bat without them giving you a reason to dislike them? Wow, you sound like a really great person.

Myself, personally, I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt - i.e. I'll like anyone until they give me a reason to dislike them - like you have.

I called you an idiot in another thread because all the evidence pointed in that direction - what evidence do you have that Ms. Duke is a "hoe"?

On a further note, wouldn't it just ANNOY the crap out of you to know that "a no talent hoe" is richer than you could possibly hope to be? Man, life is so not fair.

CF

Jackass_man 10-21-04 12:31 PM

Ah, Charles the resident flamer. I have played against Annie and she is very over rated, she uses the fact the she is an annoying bitch to her advantage to get other players gunning for her. Good stradegy right, well it works. And for being a "hoe" you don't get four children without taking a fair amount of....

Jackass_man 10-21-04 12:42 PM

Oh, yeah and if my older brother was Howard Leder and he tutored me and bankrolled me I should expect to win some too. It goes to so howard's skill as a teacher more than annies talent.

Aequitas58 10-21-04 02:25 PM

Well, he USED to post on RGP often.

If it was false, he might not have replied. He might have thought it was funny. Hah.

Aequitas58 10-21-04 02:27 PM

I agree w/ you here - Howard is a great player.

And yes, she does have skill... although we can safely agree she can be annoying?

Talking Poker 10-21-04 03:32 PM

I wonder what the chances are of us getting Daniel to become a regular here. Me thinks pretty slim...

Jackass_man 10-21-04 04:29 PM

Why don't you email him and ask him to join?

Tuff Luck 10-21-04 06:01 PM

Sorry to jump in late here, but I've read that article off of another site (not rgp) so if it is fake, well, it spread fast. If those stories are true, then she really is a bitch..

Jackass_man 10-21-04 06:05 PM

It's true she's a bitch!

Aequitas58 10-21-04 06:59 PM

It could possibly be true. I just don't believe everything I read when it comes to online message boards and newsgroups. I guess that's the way I am.

Like I said, if it's true, then she definitely has some issues - especially with her looking at hole cards ... what's that all about?

Oh - and Jackass... you don't have to reply w/ another one-liner about how you hate annie duke again. We get the point.

Jackass_man 10-21-04 07:09 PM

Ok I won't but thats the point of this thread to bash that bitch Annie!

jimmytheg 10-22-04 05:05 AM

In Jim McManus's book Positively Fifth Street, he talks about one of the instances Daniel did, the one where during a one table satelitte, Annie looked through the muck to see if Tony Ma actually had pocket Aces.

In fact, Jim Mcmanus was also the guy who made the string bet that "was the worst thing that has ever happened" to Annie. He quoted her exactly the same as Daniel did.

2Tone 10-22-04 11:55 AM

Fantastic book

Likely you all have read it already, but if you haven't go out and purchase Positively Fifth Street pronto. In addition to being a great poker book, it is a fascinating take on the Binion family/trial.

Talking Poker 10-22-04 12:24 PM

I enjoyed it.... didn't read it until AFTER I had knoked McManus out of this year's Media/Celebrity event at the WSOP (with a higher straight) :D

Poker books: