The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Texas or USC? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4690)

BFAS76 12-20-05 08:52 PM

Texas or USC?

Who do you think is going to win the National Championship game? I think it is going to be USC in a closer game than people think. When you break down the stats, the matchup is close. In terms of yardage, USC averages more total yards as well as more passing yards, but Texas holds the advantage in rushing yards as well as average points scored. Like I said, I think it is going to be a close game, and I think that the star players are going to shine that night. I seen Matt Linehart having a good game, but he will get beat out by Vince Young. However, I feel that the difference is going to be Reggie Bush. Texas has a pretty stout D, but I think he is going to be able to exploit some weaknesses in their D.

MY PREDICTION FOR THE GAME IS: USC 35 TEXAS 31

Sorry if this post has been started before, but I looked through and I couldnt find it! Again, these are just my opinions, and I welcome everyone else's thoughts!

rated1inworld 12-20-05 08:57 PM

Come On

yo know thats not even a question USC 56 Texas 17

420Smurf 12-20-05 08:58 PM

LMAO As a Texan you both better get with it here, Texas over USC and it might not even be close. Hook Em' Horns PS: 56-17 other way

kmb13592 12-20-05 08:59 PM

I too think that USC will win in a high scroing game.
My prediction is USC 45 Texas 38.

I think it will be a very good and exciting game although it could turn out like last year and USC wins in a blowout.

Hawt 12-20-05 09:10 PM

USC ez.

420Smurf 12-20-05 09:13 PM

No one for Texas but me wow, should be a heck of a game none the less, I guess that is the Texan comming out in me huh lol, Go HORNS , I take back the 56-17 however I am saying 38-35 Texas......

coolieo69er 12-20-05 09:24 PM

There is no way Texas will win this one. USC will easily win. If they lose I will eat my shorts.

FatRufus 12-21-05 04:14 PM

if they can stop bush (impossible) then texas will win. Usc's offense is just way to strong. It will definatly be a real high scoring game

Code_Blue 12-21-05 04:48 PM

Usc has got to be my favorite college team by far.

They have done an outstanding job this year, And i think Next year will be even more amazing!

Danjiro 12-21-05 04:49 PM

USC just because I got to hang at a tail gate party on campus when I was in LA once and have to say that they are serious about their football (or are they serious about tailgating!?) Well anyway there's a place for USC in my memories and little left for Texas.

Cheers,
BonusJunky/Danjiro

atlman09 12-21-05 06:40 PM

Cheering for Texas but i think it may be USC by a little bit. It may come down to the end. Very high scoring as well.

Gordogg 12-21-05 06:43 PM

USC has one of the best teams EVER this year. They will spank the Texans and Vince Young's wanna be Mike Vick ass.

Favre[4] 12-21-05 07:46 PM

Wisconsin Badgers!

Code_Blue 12-21-05 07:51 PM

I'm from wisconsin, And the badgers have always been pretty good. I still like USC the best this year though.. They have been some great games!
I'm just glad the Badgers at least made it to a decent bowl game this year.

helmuths henchman 01-04-06 02:23 AM

I remember an Oklahoma team coming into last years NC game over confident, and being the attractive pick. An ass-kicking later USC was holding the glass football. For that reason I pick The Horns 38-19

Boobie Lover 01-04-06 05:50 AM

I am not going to say that it is a definate that USC will win .

One thing that people seem to discount is that the coaching staff basically almost killed their entire team against Notre Dame. I remember watching it and saying "why the hell aren't they running the ball more" (although I was glad they were morons since I got Notre Dame at +14)? Matt Leinert looked awful except for the last two minutes of the game.

If the coaching staff goes stupid again, I could definately see Texas pulling off the upset.

Reel Deal 01-04-06 08:43 AM

I think it will be a runaway Trojan win.

FatRufus 01-04-06 03:20 PM

the trojans need to slap on those condoms (i know there name doesn't refer to condoms lol) cuz they will need pretection from vince young's offence

PShabi 01-04-06 08:09 PM

Since you all predict a blow out.......

I'll take Texas +8 for $10 with (just about) anybody. You have til kickoff, but due to some Favrefullness, I'm going to have to approve the bettor before I accept.

PShabi 01-04-06 08:28 PM

Well,

Looks like I don't get to win any money. But did you see those Texas Cheerleaders in the chaps? Whoa!

Akverno 01-04-06 08:31 PM

I was going to say that the vegas line is only seven. But, I like Texas in this game after things settle down in a couple of series.

Zybomb 01-05-06 12:29 AM

WOW, what a game!

PShabi 01-05-06 12:29 AM

Damn

Vince Young

Reel Deal 01-05-06 10:02 AM

Did the USC defensive coordinator even show up for this game? How do you not have two guys spying Vince Young on that game winning TD play?? The guy was doing that to them all night. Nothing worse than losing because you were stupid.

PShabi 01-05-06 11:25 AM

Did any defensive coordinator show up?

Was there even defense there or did they miss the bus? Both teams were gaping.