The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Attention Lurkers, Attention Lurkers: Free $$ (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6183)

Talking Poker 04-04-06 11:44 PM

Attention Lurkers, Attention Lurkers: Free $$

This post is aimed at the many people who have accounts here but have never posted.

If you registered BEFORE April, 2006 (that means March 2006 or earlier) and have yet to make a single post, you're eligible to win.

What's the prize? $20 transferred to you at . Free money. Consider it a bankroll boost, or a bankroll start, as the case may be.

To win, all you need to do is make your first post in this thread and tell us why you should get the $20. Be sure to mention why you haven't posted yet too - and don't say because you were waiting for this contest! :)

I'll either decide on my own or maybe we'll take a vote, but someone will be getting $20. And I haven't decided how long we'll be running this little contest, so you had better get posting so you don't miss out!

Spuddy 04-05-06 12:17 AM

After doing some research........

Total members that have visited the forum today: 73
2Tone, 9'sinthehole, Aequitas58, AliceWhooo, ashmc2, badblood44, bdawg31, bigjohnstud2o, bigmac024, BlibbityBlabbity, Boobie Lover, Borgouise, BrianSwa, bunny, CardSharp, ChipFish, coolieo69er, cribster, Defer, dmbboz, drewjax, eejit101, FatRufus, GeoffM, Govman6767, GTDawg, Hawt, HEwong, holdemstewart, I_Just_Woke_Up, jaeh00d, jakebarf, JDMcNugent7, jillaj, jimmym, johnp158, JPSmiley, JTown15, kkirk1329, kmb13592, knapping, lightfungus, malsy1022, MAYHEM45, meanness, melioris, mjp1542, N1kita, nflchad, nutbag, omahilo, pshabi, PunkyChikn, redbank09, Reel Deal, Robbie Robb, Robbr25, Scamp, Shadowknife, SirFWALGMan, sjay2k, Spuddy, studiopet, Talking Poker, thrash1294, Tony Cheval, Van_Broke, verysolvent, wdson01, Windbreaker, X-Longshot-X, Zybomb

and.....

Looks like you have yourself a winner.... if he or she posts on here!

Talking Poker 04-05-06 12:26 AM

Not necessarily. The winner could be someone who hasn't been here for a week or a month or a year. They just need to have 0 posts and have been registered BEFORE April 2006.

Spuddy 04-05-06 12:28 AM

True, but an opportune moment for JTown....

Talking Poker 04-05-06 12:33 AM

Very true, especially considering:
:D

But remember, it's not the FIRST person to post who wins... it's the person with the best reason of why they should win who wins.

Of course, in order to even have a CHANCE, you need to post in this thread, so yeah, I'm with you.

Let's hear it, JTown.

bunny 04-05-06 12:35 AM

Am I allowed emailing someone to alert them to this contest?

eejit101 04-05-06 12:35 AM

As this is my first post here ( check my stats top right if you dont believe me ) id like to say i deserve a free $10 just for making this post in the humour that is making TP.com a great place to be and post in.

I als think i deserve it as it will recover the pot tourney buy in i lost with AA vs KK just 10 minutes ago

Spuddy 04-05-06 12:39 AM

Post count -1?! :p

Talking Poker 04-05-06 12:48 AM

Let me check the rules.

Well, there's no mention of that, so sure, I guess.

JTown15 04-05-06 10:28 AM

The Lurker

Well I guess I have been called out by the man himself TP, so for $20 I'll attempt to give it a shot, can't hurt I guess. :)

I spend a lot of my time playing poker on pokerstars as ID: Jonesy15. Instead of working on school work, I'm usually logged on playing, which is bad but at least I have been doing fairly well. I usually play 0.50-1 limit, or .25-.50 no limit cash games. My most success has been on the $5.50 and 11 SNGs.

I'm usually reading TP forums between games, or whenever I have the chance to play, just because I love listening to poker stories and different hands that people play and ask advice for. I am always looking to get better and advice from TP and other people that have played the game for a long time have helped me.

I have railed TP in some of the $50 180 SNG's just to see how he plays and watched him take down his win awhile ago, very impressive. I also saw the hand where the guy called you with ace high when u had 34, and could have guessed your hand when u posted that thread. Why I have never gotten around to posting is really because I felt I didn't have anything to offer, rather choosing to soak up what other people have to say. Not a great reason but that's all I got. The money isn't a big deal, but I'll try to contribute a little more to the forum since I think this posting will help me make future posts.

Thanks for the great forum, and look forward to making more posts.

Cheers,
JTown

PS: Don't Tap the Aquarium

Talking Poker 04-05-06 12:42 PM

We have a leader!

Welcome to the forum, thanks for posting, and I'm glad to hear you have been getting something out of this place, despite your lack of contributing! ;)

Ok, who's next? Come on lurkers... let's go!

eejit101 04-05-06 12:45 PM

Never mind a lurker, you have a stalker!!!

Nice port thought JT, nice post

MAYHEM45 04-05-06 02:23 PM

I was just like JTown for a long time. I lurked here for months before I started posting. Lets hear some more 1st posts guys!

Talking Poker 04-05-06 02:42 PM

Did you really? That's funny. Glad you finally decided to step forward and make that first post!

While I think someone could get a lot from this forum just by reading, I think they could get a lot more by participating - posting some of their own HHs, commenting on others (right or wrong, this forces you to REALLY think through situations and this makes you a better player), and in general, just becoming a part of the community.

WizeGuy 04-05-06 04:15 PM

Bunny say to me to come and so i am here. she too sexy to say no to.:p

I do not post parceque i do not write good english.

I do faveur pour Bunny... become partypokerplaya she say she give me date. I see no date et no bunnykiss. :D :D :D

I still wait for you ma chouette.

She tell me I have to say something nice to win money. J'ne sais pas quoi dire. Alors, i will give you something i find of sophie. we one time good friend, then lose touch. Voila sexy sophie et sexy me, Alex. :D

jimmym 04-05-06 04:28 PM

GOOD POST...................whos on the Bud now

eejit101 04-05-06 04:31 PM

Bonjour Wizeguy. A aimé le poteau. Il est évident que vous avez une petite hantise avec le lapin :) Bon pour avoir finalement de vous signaler, et de la chance en cette concurrence.

Talking Poker 04-05-06 04:56 PM

(This will be ugly, but no translation help used, so cut me some slack)

Je parle (ecrit?) un tres, tres, tres peux Francais. Merci pour la poste, WizeGuy! Et merci pour la photo sexy de bunny. hawh-hawh-HUH! (Mon laugh francais)

Wow... mon francais est merde, eh?

Aurevoir!

eejit101 04-05-06 05:00 PM

Tranlates as....

I speak one very, very, very can French. Thank you for the post office, WizeGuy! And thank you for the sexy photograph for bunny. hawh-hawh-HUH! (My French laugh) Is Wow... my French shit, eh? Bye!

Spuddy 04-05-06 05:03 PM

Jtown sounds like the man........

Plus, I love his Phil Gordon "Dont tap the aquarium" reference!

Welcome to the forums Jtown!

Talking Poker 04-05-06 05:11 PM

Oh come on... it wasn't quite that bad. I mean, "Is Wow?"

Talking Poker 04-05-06 05:26 PM

BTW.... those with 0 posts who have visited the forum today include:
thecardmasta

And that's it. There are a few people with less than 5 posts.... I'm not saying that they are or are not eligible to win (leaning towards not), but it certainly wouldn't hurt if they decided to formally introduce themselves anyway!

Spuddy 04-05-06 05:27 PM

When are you closing this contest TP?

hiimbob12 04-05-06 05:38 PM

hey i think...

Hey, I signed up a while ago when i saw someones location at PS as talkingpoker.com. I usually lurk here, but never have felt that I should post. I love reading everything here, whether its bad beats (sorry), or someone flopping quads. ITs also great to read about how much I should sit with at a cash game(ALWAYS the max lol) and someone going deep in a huge tourny. I might not deserve the 20$ ( I think i do!!), but I do love the site

Talking Poker 04-05-06 05:44 PM

Hey - we got another one!

Thanks for posting - it's much appreciated. Welcome to the forum (3 months later) and I hope you decide to post more in the future.