The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Talking poker freeroll/trny (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121)

bigjohnstud2o 10-24-04 09:15 AM

Talking poker freeroll/trny

I think we should try and get a furom freeroll or low limit buy in trny. I dont know where but talking poker im sure you could talk to some folks. I know my wifes league has a 250 freeroll on alohapoker once a month. Just think something like this would be fun. By the way, look into affiliating with alohapoker talking poker. Its small but not good players. They give chipsets when you reach a certain # of pionts. You get like 200 points and you get a chipset. plus you keep your points. All you have to do is hit the mark. Just something to look into.

Penguinfan 10-24-04 10:54 AM

I tend to avoid freerolls like the plauge, but a low or mid buy-in game would be fun,

Talking Poker 10-24-04 12:15 PM

This is a good suggestion (hence me moving it to the "Suggestions" section of the site), and something I've already thought of. Once we have more members, we'll set up some private tourneys now and then... If nothing else, they'll be great for bragging rights.

BlibbityBlabbity 10-24-04 07:36 PM

In my expreience, PRIVATE freerolls based on a forum like this are much more serious that the general freeroll. More like a home game. And if you can get a site to put up $100-$200 for a pool for getting large numbers of new players to sign up at that particular site, that is a good thing for all of us. Bragging rights within a goup of people who know eachother is the key difference though.

2Tone 10-24-04 08:35 PM

Less dead money

Than my usual games at Party, but a TP tourney would be fun. I'd play assuming buy-in was $20 or less. Time zones are always tough to manage -- I'd love for around 9 p.m. Pacific Time.

Bounty on Jackass?

Talking Poker 10-24-04 09:59 PM

If and when this happens - I'm thinking not until early next year when we have a lot more regulars here - I'll see about getting a poker site to put up some money, but if not, I will do it myself (or we'll at least have some small buy-in).

And I will put a bounty on my own head... absolutely!

Can't wait.

junYUN 10-25-04 12:14 AM

i would definatly be up for a tounry.

Aequitas58 10-25-04 02:46 AM

Since I will be the one taking out both jackass and the TP Admin, count me in.

:)

Defendant 10-25-04 03:06 AM

Oh oh!!!! Can we get special avatars if we win?!?!?!?
Would make trolling so much cooler $$$

bigjohnstud2o 10-25-04 03:28 AM

not so fast

how you gonna bust them out after i have already put you out? just wondering.

Talking Poker 10-25-04 04:47 AM

I already decided the winner(s) will get a custom title.... maybe even the ability to use whatever the like.

TajaUk 10-25-04 06:42 AM

What an excellent idea. Freerolls are great if there is a relatively small number of entrants and you all want to win!

I can 2nd in a freeroll yesterday took 5hr's to complete with 2000 peeps in it, all that hard work for 39$ lol

GeoffM 10-25-04 08:37 AM

This sounds like a fantastic idea. Even if everyone threw in an extra $5 or $10 to sweeten the pot. And I'll be coming after that bounty :D.

ChipFish 10-25-04 09:15 AM

Cue up the Jaws theme song.

GeoffM 10-25-04 09:44 AM

Does Party have private tourneys?

I don't think UB does, and that is where I play. Would be cool to set this up on Party though.

James, did you see Team Canada. Looks strong.

eddo31 10-25-04 11:18 AM

i think ub has private tourneys (at least they do for the annie duke freeroll, etc), but stars is probably the one that would be the easiest to work through. not sure what it takes to set up a private tourney with them, but they have them all the time, so i would assume that it is possible.

sounds like a good time though. definitely worth it just for bragging rights alone.

Charlie Frank 10-25-04 12:39 PM

If and when this happens, I will put a bounty on the head of JohnBaker.

But only after the first half hour - because he probably won't last that long.

TP Admin will be ALL mine.

CF

Talking Poker 10-25-04 01:48 PM

I gotta tell you guys - I'm loving all this smack talk, and I'm gettind psyched for this. I still think we should wait a while to do this, so we have more users, but in a random act of coincidence, something interesting showed up in my emil account today that I had completely forgotten about.

is having a Poker Forum Freeroll this Friday (October 29th) at 8:00 PM EST! It's a $5000 freeroll for affiliates who have forums on their sites, like me. I forgot all about this, because when they announced the idea, I didn't have a forum yet. But every single one of you is eligible to play.

Follow this link for all the details:

This is totally free to play in - no deposit required or anything like that. Unfortunately, I will be out of town this Friday and unable to play, but this could be a good warmup for you guys, before we get down and dirty with a TalkingPoker.com only tourney.

Have fun!

Tuff Luck 10-25-04 03:13 PM

^Wish I could do it, too, but I have a football game to attend.

BlibbityBlabbity 10-25-04 07:51 PM

As soon as I find that stupid 20 digit number they gave me when I signed up, I will join up for Talking Poker. :)

Defendant 10-25-04 09:24 PM

Gonna represent too

Hopefully I can get Defendant as Screenname, if not Im gonna be Mithlondor

Defendant 10-25-04 09:32 PM

Except...theres no THe TalkingPoker Forum or anything like that on their list...

Defendant

Talking Poker 10-25-04 09:40 PM

I'm working on it. For now, put "The TalkingPoker.com Forum" in the "Other" box.

Aequitas58 10-25-04 11:03 PM

Damn.

My girlfriend's birthday is the 28th, and we're going out in Philly on the 29th.

G'luck all.

hackers238 11-05-04 09:36 AM

If we do a site freeroll or low-buy-in, I would participate, as I look forward to becoming a presence in this forum.

and DEF do special avatars that can be added right below a player name for winners! I would ALMOST do it for the honor even if there was no money involved! (almost...)