The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Zybomb's dip into 6 Max (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8931)

Zybomb 11-08-06 02:58 AM

Zybomb's dip into 6 Max

I decided to give 6 max a shot tonight after seeing TP's videos... lemme say DAMN does it have some varience. WAY more than full ring

I left up 1/2 a buy in (2/4) but was down over a full buy in to start with.

Edit: EVEN, Edit 2: Up 2.5 buy ins --- JESUS VARIENCE. I wish I was taping this though... because I won a huge hand with KK by not getting crazy with it preflop, and allowing an opponent to think his JJ overpair was the nuts (I raised, he reraised, I just called... I then proceeded to stack him on a Ten high flop) I know TP is strongly against this 'slowplay', but I think it is tremendously useful (JJ folds preflop to a 3 bet and I dont stack him...actually maybe not bc i had a super aggro image)

Edit 3: Up 1 buy in... going to bed

Edit 4: Didnt go to bed.... down .25 buy in now. Within 6 hands I was dealt KK KK QQ JJ. KK vs Aces, lose 1 buy in. JJ vs a set of 3s lose .5 buy in.... this shit is intense

Edit 5: In the next 5 orbits I had top two pair (AJ) cracked by bottom pair (7) turned trips for .5 buy in. I fired the flop, checked behind on the turn and called a pot sized bet on the river... unreal. Then KK cracked by another set, again of 3s. Down 1.5 buy ins. Going to bed for real now

[ Note this below was all written before any of the edits ]

I made a few errors getting used the game... I committed myself against a shortstack twice. Once with two overs on the flop and CBing, and once with a button reraise with AQ and him pushing. (lost both hands)

It really is a different game than full ring (much different than live full ring, but still fairly different than online full ring).

One hand I just have to mention, is a hand where I SUCKED OUT LIKE CRAZY against someone... although it was mostly his fault, and it was a case of a bad read gone good.

I raise to $14 with A:h: 4:h: from the CO. The BB repops me $16 more to $30. I figure a mini raise what the hell, let's see what happens and call.

The flop comes Q 5 3 rainbow.

I check, he bets out $33.

This looks like a weak attempt at a CB to me and I figure he may have AK, JJ or TT. I call this bet, with the intention of stealing later

The turn comes however, and hits my gutshot. A two!

I lead out, he pushes all in and I call.

I figure, well I guess he did have Aces, I was wrong about my read... NOPE...worse....QUEENS!

OH MAN was this guy pissed lol. He gave quite a lashing and I laughed for quite a while

sjay2k 11-08-06 03:56 AM

nah

Zybomb 11-08-06 04:04 AM

maybe not -- but then is enough of his stack in the middle to call my all in on the flop? I mean I cant imagine he thinks he's good anymore

Maybe it wouldn't have mattered... I guess it depends

sjay2k 11-08-06 04:22 AM

Often people will just push with JJ preflop. and nobody can fold an overpair on the flop; he'll just put you on AK

Talking Poker 11-08-06 04:09 PM

sjay is exactly right. You still would have stacked him on the T high flop. All you did by slowplaying was ricking an Ace falling and you folding to his CB on the flop.

P.S. Welcome to real poker.

Boobie Lover 11-08-06 04:16 PM

3betting KK is fine if you 3bet bluff with Ax or other hands. 3betting only with AK, AA, and KK is a mistake and I would prefer never 3betting if you do that against competent opponents.

Zybomb 11-08-06 10:57 PM

100% agree