The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   D. Lee is on the D.L. (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6403)

PunkyChikn 04-21-06 12:39 AM

D. Lee is on the D.L.

Fractured wrist.....out for two months, at least, they say.

Oy...

eejit101 04-21-06 12:44 AM

your shitting me.

god damn i have him in 2 of my 3 fantasy teams.

richie sexon in at 1B for a bit then

PunkyChikn 04-21-06 12:46 AM

I wish I was, friend. I wish I was.

Akverno 04-21-06 02:25 AM

I quit

That's it I quit, not really but I'm so damned tired of being a cubs fan and seeing their best players get injured all of the damned time. Ahh, time to go stew for a bit.

PShabi 04-21-06 09:07 AM

2q 3urasoivnsadt v13q4tgqaeufvjuiand fbv acvjioqwermtlq 34tgqab vc

Akverno 04-21-06 09:18 AM

You must spread reputation around before giving it to pshabi again.

On a serious note, at least it looks like Wood might be back in the lineup within the next couple of weeks or so. Read an article last week that says he might be starting a minor league game soon. I swear, if I hear good news (and I mean good news, like prior is advancing faster then expected and Lee rehabbing within two months, two and a half at most) about the cubs I'll donate a significant amount time to charity or non profit organization this summer.

Only bad part about this is that it's an empty promise. I already ump baseball and softball games all summer long for free. But hopefully Carson Daily's Karma will see me doing good things and bless my favorite team the Cubbies with a little good fortune.

X-Longshot-X 04-21-06 09:22 AM

He at least it the cubs arent in the running for the playoffs they cant choke in the playoffs.....am i right???

Akverno 04-21-06 09:25 AM

They're second in the division and if the season were to end today they'd be the wild card seed. I'd give you -rep for this, but I see karma spitting in your eye all year long because of this post.

And the reason for all of the karma references, I just watched a few episodes of My Name is Earl last night. Great show.

Reel Deal 04-21-06 09:57 AM

Fuckin' fuck fuck. :mad:

PunkyChikn 04-21-06 10:50 AM

Having had a night to think about this though, I'm not all that worried.

This isn't last year; there's no Todd Hollandsworth in the Cubs lineup. The bottom two guys in our lineup both hit over .300 in their rookie season last year.

Walker can be counted on for a .300+ average, as can Ramirez. I'm a little worried about Pierre's on base percentage, but I'm confident that Jacque Jones will warm up and be in for a career year. Throw in Barret whose been hitting well ever since the WBC, and you've got a very solid lineup, even without Lee.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed. But I'm not thinking it's the end of the world.

jillaj 04-21-06 02:06 PM

Wow you are hitting the Kool-Aid pretty hard. Jacque a career year? Lee going down is gonna hurt us defensively the most. No more bailouts for Aramis or Cedeno. I am not in panic mode yet. Maybe after this weekend i might though.

PunkyChikn 04-21-06 02:50 PM

The problem with Jones in Minnesota was that he was the only hitter on the team. He put himself under too much pressure, and he doesn't hit well under pressure (which explains the cold start to the season....he was under self-induced pressure to perform).

If you've watched him hit in the past few days, he's really starting to relax, warm up and find a groove. I think he'll be good for at least 20 homers this year, and should hit over .300. Just watch.

JDMcNugent7 04-21-06 07:45 PM

Ha, guess its time for the cards to sweep :D

Gordogg 04-21-06 08:56 PM

Shit Lee is on my fantasy team too. At least I have David "big papi" Ortiz on my team as well. This is my first time playing fantasy baseball. Would you save Lee on your roster for when he's healthy again in two months or drop him and try to pick him up again when he's close to healthy?

eejit101 04-21-06 09:18 PM

if its the one i did, id stick him on the DL and pick up the best 1B you can find, or offer a trade to someone with 2.

jillaj 04-22-06 07:02 PM

I have watched him hit the past few games and don't know how you think he will reach .300. At the moment he is hitting a robust .194 on the year. But hey I guess he is relaxed. You would think he would be a little more tense when he steals his paychecks each week. With him and Pierre both with sub .270 OBP's it will be a long summer yet again if they don't get their head's out of their asses.

omahilo 04-22-06 08:49 PM

does anyone know when Prior is going to be back?

someone released him in my league and I picked him up and put him on the DL so I have him when he gets back.

eejit101 04-22-06 08:54 PM

ive got him on my DL since the start. hell pay it back when he comes back in.

as far as i know next week, hes pitching batting practice tomorrow i think

PunkyChikn 04-23-06 02:01 AM

Dude, we're less than two weeks into the season. Settle the crap down.

And Prior should be back just after Wood.

I heard Wade Miller got put on the 60 day DL. Anybody know what the deal with this is?

eejit101 04-23-06 03:03 AM

nope, i dont, and i dont care. I only care about Lee as my is my 1B saviour.

As lond as Andrew Jones doesnt get injured im all happy.

jillaj 04-23-06 12:51 PM

I didn't know I was that excited. I was just disagreeing with your love of the game of Jacque Jones. He has batted .254 and .249 the past two years and you are calling for .300+. I hope I eat crow on this subject but I don't let being a fan get in the way of reality. And you are right it is only 16 games into the season a lot can change.

PunkyChikn 04-24-06 02:20 AM

He's not carrying an entire team at Wrigley. As the season wears on and he feels less pressure to perform you'll see him go on a tear or two.

eejit101 04-24-06 03:05 AM

this should cause some controversy......

The cubs suck, COME ON THE BRAVES.:D

PunkyChikn 04-24-06 03:32 AM

You're foreign, your opinion doesn't matter :D :D :D

GTDawg 04-24-06 08:15 AM

He may be from another country...but he's right.

The Cubs did hold their own against the Cards. And, Maddux is pitching like it's 10 years ago.