The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Onside Kick - the Next Generation (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15852)

Kurn 09-14-09 10:28 PM

Onside Kick - the Next Generation

OK, so you kick it over the hands team and then hold the return guy on his feet until you can strip the ball.

Just another example of why the Buffalo Bills are who they are and the Patriots are who they are.

Oh, yeah, and the 2 roughing the passer calls? "Maybe they should wear dresses" :cool:

Zybomb 09-15-09 05:41 AM

You guys are dead next week

I hope I don't eat my words

Spuddy 09-15-09 11:43 AM

Im shocked the Bills lost that game........ it was in there hands, they should have won. Great game, oh well at least the Chargers won

Penguinfan 09-15-09 05:51 PM

This is why you don't bring the ball out of the endzone. Take a knee and win the game, EZ.

Kurn 09-15-09 08:02 PM

I don't fault him for bringing the ball out. He couldn't be sure he didn't back into the end zone with the ball. He started in the field of play and his eyes were on the ball. Unlike a normal KO, he had no help back there to tell him where he was, and he likely wasn't sure where he caught the ball, so taking a knee in the end zone could easily be a safety (we have perfect knowledge, he did not).

The mistake is not bringing the ball out a reasonable distance and then going to ground where the moment he's touched, the play is over. Part of that is his nature as a baller KO return guy, part of that has to be on the coaching staff for not telling him precisely what his job was prior to the play.

Kurn 09-15-09 08:07 PM

To quote one writer on the Pats. "This team has issues. This team also has Brady."

I was going to ask you if you were coming to the WPF at Foxwoods, and bet dinner on the game straight up, but I suspect you're still legally tethered to The Empire State. If not, the bet offer is out there. :thumbsup:

thrash1294 09-15-09 09:12 PM

I fault the coaches theres no way you run that out in that spot.:twocents::twocents:

Zybomb 09-17-09 07:27 AM

Yes sir....

Kurn 09-18-09 07:57 PM

Sucks. How much longer?

Zybomb 09-18-09 08:12 PM

Officially until Sept 26th 2011 although I may be eligible for early release as soon as July 26th 2010 but Im not positive

Now, Im in the process of being transfered to "ARMS" which is basically a Kiosk cpu system that I go to once a month and put my hand into and answer a few questions by touch screen and then leave and return the following month. My conditions are still the same but I'll no longer have an actually officer assigned to me and with that comes no more home visits, so technically I'd be able to do/go whatever/wherever as long as I didn't get in trouble once thats done....but we'll see

Zybomb 09-20-09 04:21 PM

SUP-ER BOWL SUP-ER BOWL

(a)

Kurn 09-20-09 05:16 PM

Jets are much better than last year, but let's see how they do against a team that actually has a pass rush before you make reservations. ;)