The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Neteller just pulled out of the U.S. Market. (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9735)

ChipFish 01-17-07 08:28 PM

Neteller just pulled out of the U.S. Market.

:( Sorry guys.

US member update

Effective Immediately
Due to recent US legislative changes and events, effective immediately, US members are no longer able to transfer funds to or from any online gambling sites.
All US members will continue to be able to use their NETELLER e-wallet account to safely transfer funds to and from non-gambling merchants and are not required to close their account or withdraw their funds.

MAYHEM45 01-17-07 08:34 PM

Boom. I wonder how long until FTP and Stars cut them off as a deposit option for everyone.

ChipFish 01-17-07 08:36 PM

Probably won't.
They still are in the international market. (Canada Europe and other 3rd worlders)

Boobie Lover 01-17-07 08:45 PM

Anyone want to house a 20-year old in Canada?

Talking Poker 01-17-07 08:57 PM

Wow... looks like I got most of my money to the poker sites just in time....

Here's my question: Why doesn't Neteller just give the big middle finger to the U.S.? They are a foreign company based on the Isle of Man. I don't see why they are worried about this "recent legislation" - and it bothers me that they didn't react until the day after two FORMER Directors were arrested inside the U.S.

I can't help but wonder when the first person like Lee Jones or any of the Full Tilt pros is going to get arrested (I don't know what for), and the day that happens.... well, it's all going to come crashing down.

So here's hoping that doesn't happen.

omahilo 01-17-07 09:03 PM

anyone got any suggestions as to what other deposit option I should use?

Ive used neteller for as long as I can remember.

Boobie Lover 01-17-07 09:08 PM

I think it would be wise to hold off opening up any more neteller type accounts for a week or so. I'm sure that other deposit options will close also because of this in the near future.

MAYHEM45 01-17-07 09:11 PM

Word. MyCitadel (not like anyone evr used them anyways) just shut down as well.

omahilo 01-17-07 09:17 PM

interesting...

should be interesting to see how this plays out in the up coming weeks, I guess I will just wait and see.

melioris 01-17-07 09:29 PM

As far as I can tell the immediate effect of this is that the games on all sites will now be fishiest during the European evening/night times. So US players should adjust accordingly.

Where is that thread about the Free Trade implications of all this? Can we expect action from the WTO?

Quint 01-17-07 09:47 PM

Oh my!

I pulled all of my money off of Titan just before they closed business to US customers a while back and left it sitting on Neteller.

Just tried to transfer it to Full Tilt and Pokerstars and got denied for both.

What's a part time degenerate gambler to do?

PShabi 01-17-07 10:09 PM

I realize most of you scrubs don't have to worry about it:rolleyes: ...

but how are we gonna withdraw? Will our banks cash checks from them?

ChipFish 01-17-07 10:12 PM

Friendly Canadians may be willing to cash them for you...
For a small fee(Depending on your level of A-holeness of course) :thumbsup: :cheers:

Boobie Lover 01-17-07 10:14 PM

I sure as hell hope they cash checks from Neteller or I am seriously fucked.

Reel Deal 01-17-07 10:19 PM

One of the withdrawal options at Tilt is they'll mail you a check... you do have to jump through some hoops (fax drivers lic. and copy of a utility bill) but it is an option.

Anyway, there's an obvious void left by Neteller's exit, however I would be shocked if someone doesn't step in to fill this void and I'd imagine sites like Tilt, Stars and UB are actively looking for a replacement right now.

PShabi 01-17-07 10:20 PM

Somebody had better do something, cause the fish aren't going to jump through hoops to deposit money.

Fuck.

Reel Deal 01-17-07 10:26 PM

Here's another thought for you guys with $ stuck on Neteller... open an account at one of the other options (like a Central Coin) and the transfer from Neteller to that other option and then deposit to a poker site or to a bank account, etc. This assumes Neteller allows transfers to these other options.

Talking Poker 01-17-07 11:07 PM

This is the real problem, IMO.

I don't think anyone has to worry about banks not cashing checks from Neteller, because Neteller isn't an illegal gambling site, so a check from them is as good as a check from any other foreign bank. Money is money.

PShabi 01-17-07 11:10 PM

Actually, I was talking about my bank cashing a check directly from the FT site. I've killed way too many brain cells since the fristing to remember what I've read on the subject.

Talking Poker 01-17-07 11:11 PM

Fair question, but I don't think it will be a problem - not for another 200+ days anyway... and then, who knows?

I'm sure the poker sites will come up with "clean" bank accounts if they have to. Regulating this is going to be all but impossible.

Boobie Lover 01-17-07 11:13 PM

The only checks I ever got were from PartyPoker and they had some company with a non-gambling related business send me the checks. I presume that is what other sites do also.

GeoffM 01-17-07 11:22 PM

Traffic on Stars doesn't seem to be effected, yet. But I am almost ready to have a nervous breakdown.

Western Union is always an option, no?

left68wing 01-17-07 11:22 PM

That's what PStars does and what Paradise did...

Dodoubled 01-17-07 11:37 PM

I never used Netteller to transfer any funds. The whole thing to me just looked like a mess from the beginning, and I never liked the idea of middlemen. I just transferred funds from my debit card onto the account, then cashed the funds out as needed. Stars sent me a check within 10 or so days, and Party would up my account in like 3 or 4.

Of course, some folk in the Carribbean are probably spending my account money on hookers and blow (sorry ... really, I am), but that's another story for another time.

ashmc2 01-18-07 07:04 AM

UB just eased the pain for Neteller and Citadel users. Until the 26th they are give a 100% match of bonus dollars up to $650 when depositing with one of the remaining online banks. I just set-up a click2pay account after reading around. Their accounts have debitcard and ATM functions.