The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $600 - where to put it (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4079)

JDMcNugent7 11-27-05 11:19 PM

$600 - where to put it

So far I have only played on Pokerstars with my internet money, and a very little bit with Party Poker. I will have $600 on Neteller tho as i make my first deposit and was wondering where u guys would recommend putting my $.

I was orignally just going to put it all on Stars, and they said even tho I'm a few days late i could still get the 20% Bonus.

Do you guys think i should spread the $ out elsewhere tho to other sites who have even bigger bonuses ?

2Tone 11-27-05 11:26 PM

Maximum value

I’d imagine you’d get the most value by putting the entire amount on Stars to maximize their generous bonus. With that bankroll, you can easily play 3/6 and clear it fairly quickly. After that, you may want to try Full Tilt. I don’t have any personal experience there, but am hearing good things in general.

Party remains my bread and butter site, but from a bonus whoring perspective, they have tightened up considerably.

JDMcNugent7 11-27-05 11:28 PM

hmm, and Full Tilt has a 100% deposit bonus up to $600 - anyone think i should just go for than - anyone here previously clear bonuses on FT ?

ChipFish 11-27-05 11:42 PM

If you have the chance to put your money on stars for a bonus... That is your #1 choice...

Stars is ahead of Party right now...

I can't tell you why... But believe me...
Right now, PokerStars is where you want to put your money.
You reeeeeeaaaallllly want to start accumulating your FPP points there too.
Don't waste them on merchandise, or FPP tourneys... Just bank them.

If you follow that advice, you will thank me in a few months. ;)

(The advice given in this post should count as quality post # 4 and #5.)

JDMcNugent7 11-27-05 11:52 PM

I'm not limiting my deposits to stars and party - i would consider depositng on any site u all recommend

You think i should go for a $120 bonus at stars over the $600 bonus at Full Tilt???
What kind of inside Info do you have ?

ChipFish 11-27-05 11:57 PM

Enough to be moving almost all of my play to Stars.
I really suggest you do the same. :D

Gordogg 11-27-05 11:57 PM

I would put it on stars. There is one day left for the bonus.

Why do you recommend saving your FPP points ChipFish? I just used 1500 to buy some T-shirts, lol.

ChipFish 11-27-05 11:58 PM

Try and cancel the transaction with support Gord.
Seriously.

JDMcNugent7 11-27-05 11:59 PM

really surprised to hear u guys say to go for the $120 bonus rather than the $600 one.
anyone disagree?

Chip man, let us in on this info.- seems pretty big.

ChipFish 11-28-05 12:01 AM

Promised to secracy... No can do.

As for the bonus vs bonus...
Much easier to clear at Stars anyways...

JDMcNugent7 11-28-05 12:25 AM

has anyone cleared a bonus on Full Tilt ?

PShabi 11-28-05 12:30 AM

Currently working on it.

A bitch.

MAYHEM45 11-28-05 12:41 AM

VIP.

All you need to know.

Talking Poker 11-28-05 12:50 AM

Funny that the three sites being discussed are my top 3:

I think clearing the FT bonus is cake. It seems like they are constantly handing me $20.

With that said, I would recommend you do the Stars deposit first to lock up the 20% deposit bonus if you can. It never expires, so no worries if you don't clear it right away.

THEN, I'd recomment Full Tilt for the 100% bonus (which is available to you all the time, unlike the Stars one).

And don't forget to support your friendly neighborhood poker forum:

=

Thanks much.

JDMcNugent7 11-28-05 01:06 AM

Okay that sounds like my new plan unless anyone can think of a better one:
- depositng $600 on Stars- earning the bonus, then depositing into Full Tilt with $600 and attempting to earn that bonus - (how long will that bonus stay around tho - any idea)?

Thx for the help.

BrianSwa 11-28-05 07:47 AM

full tilt bonus

full tilt bonus isnt hard to clear as long as you are playing .25/.50 NL and up and seeing as you play $1/$2 NL you should be fine. I agree with everyone that you should clear the stars one first then move over to full tilt. I right now only play 3-4 systems and wont put money in any other. My 4 are stars, jetset, party and fulltilt not in that order.

MAYHEM45 11-28-05 09:35 AM

JD, Full tilt is out of the question for you for now. They require you to be 21 to make an account.

JDMcNugent7 11-28-05 04:42 PM

i can do it- my dad is fine with me putting account under his name.

Favre[4] 11-28-05 04:51 PM

The only thing i would use the points for on both sites and tourneys to win buy-ins into events. Like on both sites you can join a sit n go and win an entry to WSOP main event. The only thing i like better about FTP is the Jersey.

JDMcNugent7 11-29-05 04:41 PM

neteller is insane- i deposited $600 there and after 7 days i e-mailed them asking if theres any reason its taking longer than the 4-5 days. They write back saying they need me to call in at a certain number and verify it's me - i do that and they say okay ur account is totally fine log on and u can have hte money - i log back on and the account is now closed - but has the $600 sitting there - no longer pending - I call them back and they claim that they need to further verify a few things- wut the hell is going on ? these people are sure hard to get ur $ from.

PShabi 11-29-05 04:58 PM

Uh oh.

wdson01 11-29-05 05:57 PM

yes i think full tilt is having a pretty good bonus there right now....but i havent checked it out lately. As far as competition goes, i like the smaller tournies so you get an increase % chance of winning (obv) but i really like the competition....i feel like they are much weaker/tighter than on stars. Just my 2nd hand opinion

omahilo 11-29-05 08:35 PM

Stars is the best site on the internet by far...

FT is quickly becoming #2 tho but stars is where it is happening... Stars has every type of tourney possible, great cash games, etc.

wdson01 11-29-05 09:09 PM

yes, of course i agree with this i think full tilt need to make more sng's, tournies, etc. in order for it to be even close to stars. i have been sending suggestions to them a few times to make more games on sng's, but they always say they will discuss it in the near future or somethign like that....right now ill keepsticking to stars :D

BrianSwa 11-29-05 09:12 PM

????

how does a site add more SNG's they auto launch when they reach the max for the sit and go? if not enough launch its because of lack of people not the fact that they dont have enough. Tornies i agree with though.