The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   6 handed NL Cash Games -- Aggression (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3697)

Zybomb 10-30-05 11:18 PM

6 handed NL Cash Games -- Aggression

I dont think Ive adjusted to these (I've been playing live lately both full table and 6 max). A lot of players of making "blind steal" type raises with trash in this game, but not trying to steal blinds, simply trying to juice the pot and then either hit a good flop (and not be able to be put on the hand they have) or take it down with a CB. Does anyone see this strategy as profitable (it seems to be working for a lot of people though I see it as fairly pointless)

Out of the people, I've been pegged as a tighter player (not used to that lol) ...and I am fairly tight with hand selection -- Im not sure if I should be expanding it though since I am playing 6 max as well.

The other problem I am facing is opening. On average 2 other players will call an standard raise with hands ranging from baby suited connectors to monsters. Since Im so likely to be called, do I raise less often with medium hands (98s, A9s KJ etc) and if so wont me raising be a sign of strength and people will become aware of that?

eddo31 10-31-05 12:13 AM

i dont know as much about nl 6-max, but i would assume that as in shorthanded limit it is a game where aggression is really rewarded. always putting your opponents to the test will put you in a very good position.

i dont actually mind the strategy of trying to steal the blinds with any two, and then firing at the flop no matter what comes. like you said, there is a tremendous amount of deception involved in this, and it will usually put other players in tough spots. of course, this strategy can be countered by waiting for big hands and trapping with them, but that is difficult to do when you are playing shorthanded.

as usual, it all comes down to playing poker and understanding your opponents. if you can exploit your opponents by playing loose and trying to run them over on the flop, then go for it.

yankeesfn08 12-12-05 03:16 PM

6 player

usually go agressive in beginiing then slow down at end.

Zybomb 12-12-05 03:28 PM

:confused: explain how this strategy will be effective?

Talking Poker 12-12-05 03:31 PM

Yeah. What he said. :confused:

Reel Deal 12-12-05 03:37 PM

I think someone's prescription meds ran out today. BTW, when you go to re-fill, probably time to up the dosage.

PShabi 12-12-05 04:46 PM

Hey Yankee,

Put this on your Christmas list:

drewjax 12-12-05 09:28 PM

Zy,
Don't even bother. Just look at the name.........

JDMcNugent7 12-12-05 09:38 PM

It def. works, I do it at $1/2 6 max a decent amount, raise with questionable hands like 79s, isolate pot, make a CB, take it down, or hit the flop, and get paid off quite well. But... I seriously dont play conventional poker at all at 1/2... I show every bluff, get tons of action, and it works like u wouldnt beleive, I am sure I'm on a good run right now too, but i am just Killing these games lately.

But, when i move up to 2/4 I just play good solid poker and I don't plan on juicing the pot just to take it down with a CB, nor do i show many bluffs.