The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beats and Brags (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cursed... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13288)

Talking Poker 02-12-08 03:59 PM

Cursed...

Brag: January
Beat: February
Variance: OMG, the variance!

Being cursed sucks. Seriously, I have been running so badly lately, I can't even believe it. The good news is - IN THEORY - this can't last forever... and I still like my chances in the long run.

But my God the short run can make you want to punch babies.

Here is just one example of many. This one didn't even make me mad. I just laughed, fully expecting it when I saw his cards (admittedly, it was the 9 I saw coming).

First hand, of course.

Full Tilt Tournament game, buy-in $200 + 10 Heads Up Sit & Go (39744123), $10/$20 No Limit, 2 players
Hand History by
BB: T$1500
HERO (Button): T$1500

HERO postsBB posts Big Blind T$20

Pre-flop: 6:c: 6:d: (T$20)
HERO raises to T$60
BB calls T$40

Flop: 9:d: 6:s: A:h: ($120)
BB checks
HERO bets T$90
BB calls T$90

Turn: 9:d: 6:s: A:h: J:c: (T$300)
BB checks
HERO bets T$210
BB raises to T$1350 and is all in
HERO calls T$1140 and is all in

River: 9:d: 6:s: A:h: J:c: J:d: (T$3000)
HERO
BB shows 9:s: J:h:
BB wins T$3000 with a full house Jacks full of Nines

New Guy 02-12-08 06:32 PM

OOuch !!!! Hang in there

melioris 02-12-08 06:38 PM

when he checks the flop you should have folded instead of betting FWIW.

Talking Poker 02-12-08 07:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Next time.

CalifNaughti 02-13-08 02:09 PM

It happens to all good players...just as long as you don't change your game. If you have a good game that has been profitable then dont change it just because your running bad. Makes things worse.
Hang in there :)

Reel Deal 02-13-08 02:29 PM

You ever do HU cash games TP? As opposed to the HU SnGs.

Talking Poker 02-13-08 03:05 PM

Been experimenting with the SNGs this month. May switch to cash next month.

You sure do pile up the rake quick in the SNGs - that's for sure.

Reel Deal 02-13-08 03:57 PM

I would think in the long run HU cash would be more profitable than the SNGs... thoughts?

New Guy 02-13-08 06:55 PM

Probably but the hu sitngo's are a lifestyle man.Almost like a fun job.It least thats how I feel!!

Talking Poker 02-13-08 07:00 PM

Probably, but it's a different animal. In general I think cash games are a lot more profitable than SNGs/MTTs, so I don't see why this would be any different.

One of my biggest problems when playing HU cash is that I have trouble deciding when to stop. That's never a problem for me in 6 max, and obviously in tourneys, you are done when you are done, but one on one in cash games, I tend to just keep playing and playing, whether I'm winning, losing, or whatever. The only time I like quitting is when I bust my opponent and he leaves. I need to make some criteria for myself so *I* can control when to end the match instead of being pissed when my opponent does.

Maybe next month.

Fildy 02-13-08 07:14 PM

If you are having a bad night, I suggest setting a Stop loss (x number of buy ins). If you are having a good night, and killing your opponents I don't really see why you would want to stop if they are going to continue handing you their money. If that is the situation then they would control when the game ends that way.