The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ask and ye shall receive... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10762)

Talking Poker 04-26-07 01:08 PM

Ask and ye shall receive...

:donkey

I also added this guy, just to keep even rows in the smilie box (now 4 wide):
:talktothehand

I'd be happy to replace it with something else if you guys prefer. Just speak up if you have a specific smilie request.

NO animated smilies though - they are too annoying to look at every time you make a post. Also, they have to be the same size as the rest of them - none of those huge ones.

Nikita 04-26-07 01:33 PM

I like both of the new ones. Seeing as you added a donkey what about a shark smiley too? Or even a fish? Just to round out the poker animals.

bunny 04-26-07 01:34 PM

This one is animated but you need it

1 Attachment(s)
I am positive eeejit would have loved to have this smiley in . :thumbsup:

Zybomb 04-26-07 01:37 PM

Woo Hoo!

Talking Poker 04-26-07 02:14 PM

Animated

bunny 04-26-07 02:33 PM

One animated smiley wouldn't hurt, will it?

Talking Poker 04-26-07 02:35 PM

Yes, it will.

Edit: If you really want to use it, feel free. It is now forever located right here:

So just click on the Insert Image button and paste that URL in there, and you're good to go.

bunny 04-26-07 02:46 PM

Testing

Talking Poker 04-26-07 05:19 PM

bunny 04-27-07 12:56 PM

Can't decide what I want, so this will have to do (for now).

**off subject:

Upset that Stars won't allow me to change my avatar. I finally know what I want it to be and they won't allow me a new selection. :mad:

Talking Poker 04-27-07 01:05 PM

LOL - Haven't you changed it like 4 or 5 times already? Aren't you suppose to change it, you know, ZERO times?

bunny 04-27-07 02:47 PM

They state you are able to change it twice, but if you email them; they will sometimes make exceptions. I guess 8 was way too many times. :donkey

I don't play on the play chips tables anymore. So, no need for anyone to know who I am or what I look like. This is the reason I want to change my avatar for a cartoon-type image, but they won't let me. :mad:

Let me ask you this (please be honest). If you were at a poker table and in sits a *who you believe to be* woman; would you change your play to a little more aggressive? Thinking she would be a weaker opponent as opposed to a man?

Talking Poker 04-27-07 03:03 PM

No.

bunny 04-27-07 03:08 PM

Well, many do; believe it or not.

Back to the subject of this thread? Are you saying, you did not like all my other avatars? Since you clearly state how much you adore this one. You have to admit the FT one was nice, I rather liked that one.

Spuddy 04-27-07 03:20 PM

If she was cute it's a different story! I want to keep her around ha!

Talking Poker 04-27-07 04:14 PM

Well, if that's true, it sounds like it could be easily exploited and a big advantage for you. Maybe that's why so many guys pretend to be girls online.

And no, I didn't say anything about your other avatars... just that I like this one. That's all.

Talking Poker 04-27-07 04:15 PM

I seen this in real life at live games. It's pretty sad (for the loser guy who has no chance with her), but it happens. The pretty girls I've talked to about this all say that being a woman at the tables is to their advantage.

melioris 04-27-07 04:21 PM

95% of people playing with a woman avatar are men in real life. I know, as per Mayhem's suggestion I play with the Oprah avatar at FT.

bunny 04-27-07 06:39 PM

Not always, sometimes it's a disadvantage. Unless you're (like mel said), a man pretending to be a woman.

Talking Poker 04-27-07 07:00 PM

Wait... what's the difference? Wouldn't it be equally as (dis?)advantageous for him as for an actual woman?

bunny 04-27-07 07:13 PM

Well, I don't like to admit this...but for me (since I am not that great a poker player) it's a disadvantage. I can't explain, you won't understand.

Invigilator 04-29-07 11:44 AM

dude fest

I generally assume everyone online is guy (not because I think it's true). The avatars can be so random: If I find myself forcussing one the avatar, I turn it off.