The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beats and Brags (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Standard two outer... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10698)

Talking Poker 04-21-07 10:14 PM

Standard two outer...

It's been a long, long time since I've been on this end of a beat, especially one this bad. 2 outs all in on the turn. Yikes! I had to post this to be fair to all the other beats I've posted opver the past couple of months where I've been on the other side of this.

And yeah, you could make a case for me laying this down on the turn like some people here would have for sure... but I think that's too weak, personally. It's close though. I definitely considered it.

Full Tilt Cash game, buy-in $, $3/$6 No Limit, 5 players
Hand History by

SB: $275.40
HERO (BB): $606
UTG: $600
CO: $728
Button: $805

SB posts Small Blind $3
HERO posts Big Blind $6

Pre-flop: Q:h: Q:d: ($9)
UTG folds
CO folds
Button raises to $21
SB folds
HERO raises to $72
Button calls $51

Flop: T:d: 4:h: 3:c: ($147)
HERO bets $111
Button calls $111

Turn: T:d: 4:h: 3:c: 6:h: ($369)
HERO checks
Button bets $200
HERO raises to $423 and is all in
Button calls $223

River: T:d: 4:h: 3:c: 6:h: Q:c: ($1215) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
HERO
Button shows K:c: K:d:
wins $1212 with three of a kind Queens

Ando05 04-21-07 10:46 PM

when ur good, that one thing, when ur good AND lucky, thats just somethin else.. loll, nh, i was actually playin live the other day when that kind of thing happend to me, but i was in the KK position:( , but it happens, thats poker

Talking Poker 04-21-07 11:04 PM

Dude.... you obviously haven't been here very long if you think I am lucky. Actually, I see you have been here for a while, so..... You obviously don't pay much attention. ;)

Don't get me wrong - I'm no bdawg, but I wouldn't exactly consider myself lucky either.

lightfungus 04-21-07 11:26 PM

If you look long run, I happen to remember two back to back runs to FTs at the WSOP...can't be all skill :cheers:. Hope it turns around for you now at the tables.

Talking Poker 04-21-07 11:29 PM

Absolutely! And don't think I forgot about that, because I didn't. That second one, btw, was the sickest run of cards I have ever seen early in a tourney. 1100 players, and there is no doubt in my mind that I was the chipleader after the first hour. Of course, 11 hours later my stack looked exactly the same, but hey - it was a nice start.

It's turned around some, btw. I feel like I'm still running "below average," but nothing like before. I'm actually in the green for April.

Invigilator 04-21-07 11:34 PM

good on ya

That's a nice feeling. I have been lucky lately about not getting sucked out on. In the last week I have been all-in twice with an over pair to the board and busted a player with a lower overpair to the board. :thumbsup:

JDMcNugent7 04-22-07 01:39 AM

i just want to say, i am currently hitting more really strong SECOND best hands than honestly Ever before. I'm not getting 2 outered much or anything horrible, but If I have K high flush they have A high, my small boat to their higher boat, set to higher set, trips to higher trips. It is just insane.

sjay2k 04-22-07 02:19 AM

zzzzzz

i never run bad

lol j/k