The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new year stats (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9898)

de-coder 02-03-07 01:02 PM

new year stats

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so I've finally got PT working for me again with a new database - long story... I got it going for this year, but lost my stats from last year (there wasn't that much anyway)

So far it's only 670 hands for me, but I'm playing a bit more these days so hopefully that will increase quickly - but I usually only play 1 or 2 tables at a time...

I've been making a real effort to play a different style of poker than I was. I'm playing more hands, more aggressively - and it's really working for me so far. I'm going to post some of my stats from PT for comment along with the hand graph thing that I recently figured out how to get.

I'm only playing NL$10 for the moment, and to be honest, I'm picking on people who are weak... I wouldn't be doing this against TP, if you know what I mean...
VP$IP - 32.49
Attempt to steal 47
W$WSF 40.53
WTSD 25.5
W$atSD 58.6
PF Raise 12.57
AF 2.28

Talking Poker 02-03-07 03:17 PM

IMO: You're limping too much preflop. You should be folding AND raising more often preflop, especially the latter.

You also MAY be going to SD a little bit too much (it's hard to say with this sample size, but I typicall mark people > 25% as fish). I can see that you are "running good" based on your W$SD number - don't expect that to continue forever.

de-coder 02-05-07 06:56 PM

I find that at these limits a lot of people limp and play poorly post-flop so I don't mind limping a little more than I would normally. Also, if a bunch of people limp and I raise to $0.70+ it tends to drive away all the people I'm trying to take money from.

I end up going to a lot of showdowns that surprise me. Sometimes they only have bottom pair or something and they still call river bets. I'm playing at really low limits so the play is pretty bad - some of it's mine, but I try to keep my opponents playing bad against me.

Can I ask what parameters you use for PT ratings? I just use the defaults.

Talking Poker 02-05-07 07:02 PM

I don't use PT ratings any more. I used to, but it slowed down the imnport process too much as my DB grew, so I killed it.

PShabi 02-05-07 11:57 PM

Stats for 670 hands don't mean a whole lot. You could be playing incorrectly and be up a lot of $$$ after that long.

Also, people overuse graphs on this site.

JDMcNugent7 02-06-07 12:42 AM

graphs are awesome.
how can they be overused?

Boobie Lover 02-06-07 12:46 AM

pokertracker graphs = the suck
pokergrapher graphs = the awesome

Talking Poker 02-06-07 12:50 AM

Yeah, cause they look SO different, right?