The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UB - Old news or new news? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14620)

studiopet 09-18-08 10:24 AM

UB - Old news or new news?

I briefly looked over the forums and did not see this mentioned:

I apologize if this is a repeat.

jillaj 09-18-08 10:57 AM

This won't be good for anyone if it gets publicized widely.

It seems to be a reposting of what was uncovered by people on 2+2. Also maybe I missed it but who brought this lawsuit?

Talking Poker 09-18-08 02:49 PM

The thing I think will be interesting in all of this is if the cheaters are ever outed... If they end up being well known pros (ie, Russ Hamiltion), wow. This article avoids naming anyone, but apparently there are prime suspects. I haven't followed this on 2p2, so I don't know who they are talking about at the end of the article.

It sure would be nice if the US would legalize online poker and we could all play at regulated sites like Bellagio.com. I still think it will happen someday.

People see this story as a negative against online poker, but I see it as a positive for legalizing and regulating it.

jillaj 09-18-08 03:43 PM

I believe Russ was the un-named person that was interviewed. I followed the whole thing and everything pointed towards him being involved or knowing exactly who was. However threats of violence to the people investigating the scandal pretty much put a halt to everything.

Talking Poker 09-18-08 05:12 PM

Oh really? Threats from whom?

jillaj 09-29-08 08:27 PM

Press release regarding the investigation. Doesn't sound good for Russ.

jillaj 09-29-08 08:29 PM

Those threatened would not say. The threats came after people were sniffing around Russ and some CEO's of companies associated with UB from the beginning.

2Tone 09-30-08 01:24 AM

Crooks all around?

What's this about?

5. Ultimate Bet shall immediately pay a fine of $1.5 Million USD to the KGC for its failure to implement and enforce measures to prohibit and detect fraudulent activities.

Why is the Kahnawa:ke Gaming Commission entitled to award itself $1.5m? For failing to uncover the cheating in the first place, then failing to act on it for months?

thadeas1 09-30-08 05:26 AM

I think i read somewhere on Nat Arem's blog that he got threatened over his involvement in uncovering some stuff with UB, he also was a major factor in outing the AP stuff.

Also along with Russ Hamiltion I read somewhere that Freddy Deeb was involved but I could be wrong on that.

jillaj 09-30-08 12:19 PM

IIRC he received funds from the account that was sending money to everyone. He said that was payment for doing stuff for UB. I don't think there was anything else uncovered about him though.