The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new poker sites (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43)

omahilo 10-19-04 01:37 PM

new poker sites

not sure what thread this should go under but anyways... I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the newer poker sites like Doyles room? what are your thoughts on these new rooms, are they all the same? anything to know?

Jackass_man 10-19-04 03:38 PM

I'd say stay with the established sites, Doyles room is just a victor chandler skin. Most people are playing there to get his new book from what I heard.

Penguinfan 10-19-04 03:46 PM

Until proven otherwise I like to play where my money is safe, Stars, Party etc..

2Tone 10-19-04 05:04 PM

Absolute(ly) Weak

It’s not necessarily a new site, but I tried AbsolutePoker.com, and it made me realize that, as unlikely as it seems, with some effort you can come with an even LESS subtle design and intuitive user interface than Party. Play was plenty fishy, but game selection was a fraction of what it is at the majors. I bonus whored for a small profit, cashed out, and haven’t been back since.

Jackass_man 10-19-04 05:20 PM

Yeah alot of these "new" sites don't offer much except for the sign up bonuses . Everyone is trying to jump on the poker bandwagon and it is leading to alot of crap sites and stories of people losing money to unreputable sites.

humpty99 10-19-04 11:31 PM

I was tired of Party's blind structure, and just couldn't get used to the look of Stars so I threw a little money in on Paradise Poker and have done really well and my cashout was done the next day. There is not a lot of people on there, but there is absolutely no trouble finding a game and I love the heads up play which I have no idea why Party does not have it. I really don't know if Paradise is new or not, but any info that anyone has (losing money, not credible, whatever) please tell me so that I can investigate a little further.

omahilo 10-20-04 12:43 AM

Poker Mountain is up and runnning, thats Daniel's new site, I will definately give that site a try. the software looks really good, its only in beta mode right now.

johnbaker 10-20-04 12:51 AM

party doesnt have heads up play because they cant make any real money off of it.. they cant really take much rake heads up, and if they did people wouldnt play it anyways.

-JB

Jackass_man 10-20-04 12:59 PM

I've been waiting for this site hopefully it's a good one!

bothecorgi 10-21-04 07:22 PM

The problem I have found with new sites is that there are not enough players to make any game worthwhile, particularly if you are trying to clear a bonus. It seems like the best bonuses to me are the re-load bonuses at Party.

BlibbityBlabbity 10-21-04 11:40 PM

PokerMountain

Just downloaded it and played a bit tonight. Seems to have a similar beta test system as Full Tilt did (one point per hand played). Very few players there so far.