The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   bookmarked for 2012 (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16685)

Invigilator 12-14-11 08:14 PM

bookmarked for 2012

TPF is going back on my bookmarks bar. It seems as though I am going to be making a return to online poker soon.

When I got started, I was mismanaging a $50 deposit, but was able to eventually sort out my BR management and play and eventually turned it into $1500. This was done through playing 10 cent 25 cent and even winning a couple of micro and low limit tournaments.

Lately I have had the bug to play, and the limited live opportunities I have just are not doing it for me. So Oceanwaves' gift to me for Christmas is going to be $100 on Stars.

That is not a randomly chosen amount. That is 20 buy-ins for 1 cent 2 cent.

I am going to start at the lowest limit and build. This 100 is just for cash games, though I may put in a separate $30 for sng's and manage that money separately on paper.

I don't do this with dreams of building it to the point of making serious cash. I am just going to start where I am and play to win. I am going to impose strict BR management and playing rules on myself. I vow to not take shots at higher limits until I have 20 full buy-ins for that limit. (that means I am playing 1 cent 2 cent until I can turn it into $250, which is what I need for 2 cent 5 cent.) I have no agenda right now, but I have the time and inclination to play and work on my game.

In the mean time, I am going to review the notes I have on my own play and go back to HoH books.

Needless to say, I will be more active on the forum again. I know it has become very slow around here, but I am glad to see that it is still here, and that there are a number of people I respect still hanging around)

Talking Poker 12-15-11 10:27 AM

Good luck and welcome back, but I have to warn you, you might feel like you are talking to yourself when you post here. :)

I haven't pulled the plug, but even I don't come around often these days.

Invigilator 12-15-11 04:26 PM

I am familiar with that feeling anyway. However, I couldn't come back to online poker without coming here.

Robbie Robb 12-18-11 09:28 AM

Funny you should mention getting the poker bug Invig, just yesterday I played my first hands of poker in a few months. It was a combination of OW requesting membership to the TP Home Game group on Stars and PP sending me an email saying they were going to start charging a maintenance fee on my dormant account ($10 free they gave me to come back and play). Logged in there, donked off $6 in a DoN then took down a $3 SNG so now I have $14 or something in the account. LOL. That should keep them happy for another 6 months.

Invigilator 12-21-11 08:06 PM

Nice.

If all goes well, I should be playing by boxing day.

I am going be using PT while playing, and I plan on putting up a hand each week, in the hopes of inviting some discussion. We'll see how that goes.