The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Giants vs Pats (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12958)

jillaj 12-29-07 10:13 PM

Giants vs Pats

This is shaping up to be a hell of a game. I was hoping for the pats to win but now fuck it go giants.

jillaj 12-29-07 10:53 PM

nice phantom personal foul there on the giants. pats guy flopped.

juiCe[3x] 12-29-07 10:58 PM

Your bad luck for posting this but go Giants!!!

jillaj 12-29-07 11:08 PM

lol the second I possted the Pats turned it on. Kurn should thank me I am bad luck for the giants.

Kurn 12-29-07 11:28 PM

16-0

:cheers: :thumbsup: :D

Talking Poker 12-29-07 11:41 PM

Awsome freaking game.

I was rooting for the Giants, but... Well Done, Pats. Congrats.

Reel Deal 12-30-07 10:58 AM

16-0 is awesome. Too bad they're going to go one-and-done in the playoffs. :eek: :thumbsup:

Kurn 12-30-07 11:47 AM

Well, we'll just have to see how well your Jags do when they come up this way in 2 weeks. Because that's the only prayer you have in being right since none of the other teams left in the AFC that might play them in that game stand a chance.

But prayer is what you need, because nothing short of divine intervention stops them. You do understand that the outcome of last night's game was NEVER in doubt. :talktothehand

Reel Deal 12-30-07 12:45 PM

I do understand that the Giants are not very good and the Pats D let them put up 35 on them. :eek:

Kurn 12-30-07 02:12 PM

Well, 28 on the D, 7 on the KO team. Still wasn't enough. I've said it before I'll say it again. The only way to beat the Patriots is a blowout. If they're within 3 scores with half a quarter left, they win.

The Giants' offense, particularly their pass offense, has been a bunch of underachievers all year. Last night, they played to (and maybe a bit beyond) their potential.

Its really hilarious actually. had the Pats rolled last night, the critics would've said "meaningless game, blah blah blah." The Giants showed guts and pride and made it close, and now the naysayers think that means the Pats are weak. IMO, last night's game makes them look like a tougher team than if they'd won 38-3. Because in reality, it was nowhere near a must win game for them. Some people may think shutting up Mercury Morris and Don Shula is more important than winning the next 3 games. Nobody on the Pats does. They know winning last night was nice, but winning their fourth Super Bowl is the only thing that matters.

NEXT!!!

Reel Deal 12-30-07 02:36 PM

I actually don't like the match up for the Jags... they're not good against the pass and are not built to play in catch-up or shoot-out mode. I think the only hope is poor weather in New England, then I think it would be close. But, way too soon to worry about that as they still have to get past either Pitt or SD in the Wild Card.

The only real hope for keeping the Pats from 19-0 is the Colts (and I hate to admit that).

Gordogg 12-30-07 03:32 PM

I cannot wait to see that game, Colts vs Pats. I'll take the Colts if anybody wants to bet.

Fildy 12-30-07 03:37 PM

You miss the first half of the season?

Gordogg 12-30-07 03:45 PM

That was a close ass game that the Patriots pulled out for the victory. Manning is the man. Colts defending super bowl champs. I'll take the Colts no problem.

drewjax 12-30-07 07:57 PM

BRADY.......... is THE man.

How much???

Kurn 12-30-07 09:11 PM

Colts couldn't hold a 10 point lead at home in the 4th quarter. *If* they make it to the AFC title game with no Freeney they probably won't have a lead in the 4th and the Pats are, what, 84-1 since '01 when leading at the start of the 4th?

Talking Poker 12-30-07 10:30 PM

You can't really believe this, can you? I mean, if that was true, why would the Pats have started ANY of their studs?

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad BOTH teams played their good players and very obviously cared about winning the game last night (it made for an awesome game), but you can't seriously believe that no one on the Pats cared about winning last night, can you? Or the individual records..... I mean, did you even watch the game? Did you look at the players faces?

Do Patriots fans really get blinded this easily?

Kurn 12-30-07 11:26 PM

No doubt it meant something to them, and to the organization, but not as much as the ring means. As Kraft said after the game, there was no champagne in the locker room, since they haven't acheived their goal yet.

I watched the entire game and saw the same thing I've seen since the Colts game: an opponent possessed to knock of the big dog, playing at an emotional level beyond what any team can muster every week. And like the Eagles, Ravens, Jets, et. al., the Giants fell short in the last 15 minutes.

The reason the Pats win late is that no team has ever been as capable of making the in-game adjustments to counter their opponents' best efforts.

The early season blowouts have obscured what has always been the Brady-era Pats' strength: making the plays that need to be made to win. The last 6 games have shown that again. They haven't been getting weaker, they've just been showcasing their biggest strength.

Reel Deal 12-31-07 08:19 AM

Getting every call from the refs? :p

Kurn 12-31-07 05:26 PM

You mean like the celebration call? :eek:

Hey, there were weird call on both sides. That crew is normally solid, but they left me scratching my head a couple of times.

Reel Deal 12-31-07 06:16 PM

Should have qualified that to say every call unless Randy Moss is involved. :thumbsup:

Kurn 01-01-08 10:50 AM

To tell you the truth. I don't really like today's pass coverage rules, but I did see some good non-calls in the game. Sometimes I get nostalgic for the late 70's early 80's and Lester Hayes' uniform and hands coated with stickum. I still laugh when I think of seeing him intercepting a pass and it taking 4 guys and about 2 minutes on the sideline to get the ball out of his hands.

But, the NFL wants offense, so the receivers get all the breaks.

omahilo 01-02-08 05:20 PM

I would love to see nothing more than the pats lose in the playoffs after going undefeated in the regular season... that would be the biggest choke job ever.

Gordogg 01-02-08 06:06 PM

They are going to lose, to the Colts. :D

Quint 01-02-08 07:18 PM

My prediction - the 'Skins win the NFC title and become the only team in NFL history to lose to 2 teams in the Superbowl to allow them to complete an undefeated season.

Yay Skins! :(