The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My WSOP experience (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15563)

robthedlphin 06-30-09 09:57 AM

My WSOP experience

It’s a pretty awesome feeling taking that long walk to the WSOP area at the Rio. I picked up my registration card and found out that I was assigned to the Brasilia room. The event (#51) was sold out and spread across three different rooms.
I made a huge mistake by leaving Hawaii the night before and getting into Las Vegas at 9 AM for a 12 o’clock start. If you’ve never been to the WSOP before and are planning a trip in the future, make sure you get there a couple of days early so you can get your body into a tournament mode. The tourney itself was pretty uneventful. It seemed that the people I was with were either really good or really bad. It’s amazing how good some of those bad players were running, though. I stayed pretty much at the average chip level the whole time I was there. I feel I played way too nitty, though. TP said he saw some lol tells. I did, too. One guy at my table looked to be in his mid to upper 30s, but he had the bushy eyebrows of a 70 year old. Whenever he had a good hand those eyebrows would shoot up almost to the top of his forehead. I mean at least two inches. Another guy was shaking so badly I’m still not sure if he had MS or if he was just that nervous.
I donked off a bunch of chips early to a Danish guy with my AQ tptk to his Kings, but other than that I think I played okay. I lasted until a little bit after the dinner break. I had pocket jacks in middle position and raised 3X bb. The guy on the button doubles my raise and I call. Flop AJ8 rainbow, I bet half the pot and he calls. The turn card was a 3. I check, he bets, I raise, he re-raises all-in. By this time even if I didn’t have trips I’m pretty committed to the pot, and I call. He flips over aces of course and I’m sent to the rail. I don’t even know what the river was.
After that I went and railed the second day of the 50k H.O.R.S.E. event and saw a ton of pros. I played a few more tourneys over the next few days, including the Caesar’s deep stack, which was a lot more suited to my style of play, but I didn’t make it into the money.
Overall, I had a good time, but am disappointed I didn’t make any cashes. Taking that long 15 minute walk back to your room empty-handed really sucks.

claudioxcore 06-30-09 11:19 AM

sounds like a good time. Sorry to hear you came home empty handed. Always next year though :cheers:

New Guy 06-30-09 02:54 PM

My wsop experience goes as follows , hand 4 I get AK S raise get re raised call nothing flop . I check , villan checks , turn A i bet pot villan reraises all in for another say 1200ish i call he turns AA Im dead .Fun time . 750$ bucks per hand woot woot !!! Prolly could have gotten away from the all in . Could have had jj qq kk or maybe a set . No read. Was were a cardrunners patch so I sux peace out!!:donkey

Invigilator 06-30-09 03:48 PM

Rough WSOP for players I know. JediMaster called me today. He finished up a $1500 event. He was on fumes all of day one and busted just before they broke for the night.

Hang in there TP'ers