The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Carlos Zambrano (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2166)

PShabi 06-05-05 10:47 PM

Carlos Zambrano

This kid is a fucking beast. Holy shit!!!! He is the most dominating pitcher in the game today and he's 24!!!!!!

He is so intimidating on the mound, it's funny. He goes out and does it EVERYTIME.

I love watching the emotion. My favorite Cub at the moment and quickly becoming my favorite Cub of all-time. Go Big Z!!!!!

junYUN 06-06-05 03:25 AM

best stuff on that vaunted rotation....

i can't wait for Felix Pie to be anchoring left field in august (which is what peter gammons predicts).. would give us a sparkplug leadoff hitter... and it's not like holly/dubois are getting it done

GeoffM 06-06-05 08:21 AM

Ummmmmmm, actually, Roy Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball right now, period. You just don't know it because he plays up here in Toronto.

junYUN 06-06-05 01:12 PM

please geoff, don't even bring canada into this.

CAR-LOS, CAR-LOS, CAR-LOS, CAR-LOS

junYUN 06-06-05 01:15 PM

lol just saw the newest poll on cubs.com "can derrek lee hit .400?" of course i voted no (i really dont think he can stay THIS hot all season)... i'm thinking he ends up at .330/45/120... (MVP!)

over 55% of cubs.com think he can hit .400 lol....

GeoffM 06-06-05 01:43 PM

I still feel comfortable in my prediction that Pujols will win MVP.

Care to place a friendly $10 wager?

PShabi 06-06-05 02:08 PM

He doesn't have the "presence" that Big Z has and that's what I'm saying. Hallday is great, I'll call it a draw. Just wait and see what this guy develops into.

He's getting that "Pedro" persona here in the NL. Every team (players and fans) hate him and he kinda likes that role. He's got no problem drilling you for a personal reason either :D . Take that and put it with some nasty, nasty shit and you've got the next great pitcher in the game.

BARRING INJURY, which seems to be a coinflip with any pitcher right now.

Reel Deal 06-06-05 02:33 PM

Man do I miss living 10 blocks from Wrigley. :(

junYUN 06-06-05 02:47 PM

no because i think lee will get shafted in favor of pujols

GeoffM 06-06-05 02:52 PM

LMAO.

Nah, to be honest, I know Pujols will put up 40+ homers, 130+ RBI, and hit .340. Lee will slow down eventually, he's been swinging a hot bat all year but he hasn't exactly been this kind of model of consistency his entire career.

I gotta admit though, if the voting were to be done today, it would definately be Lee in the NL and Roberts in the AL.

PShabi 06-06-05 03:52 PM

There is no better place to be on a summer afternoon then that at that Stadium in that neighborhood, watching that team.

I spent the first 22 years of my life in NW Indiana about 45 minutes of east of Chitown. I've got memories from the age 6-21 and it was special everytime.

Edit: And anticlimactically, that was my 1,000th post. Damn, I had intended to create a thead and celbrate and shit. Kind of like when the Old Dodge went turned the odoometer over. Watched it and watched it, turned my head, and 000002. :mad:

Aequitas58 06-06-05 03:58 PM

Yes, welcome to the nerd club. Now we're best buds forever. :)