The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PokerStars City Name (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6033)

Gordogg 03-23-06 05:21 PM

PokerStars City Name

I have TalkingPoker.com as my city name on Stars and have had it like that for a couple months at least. Got this email the other day....

Hello,

We request that you please change your city name to match your exact
location and not use it to advertise websites.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Russell
PokerStars Support Team

They "request" that I do so, lol.

Talking Poker 03-23-06 09:40 PM

Eh.... I can understand that, I guess.

Of course, I've seen so much other garbage (non city names) in there that it kinda sucks that they draw the line here. I wonder if they would be happy if you removed the .com and made your city simply "TalkingPoker" - No need to push it, of course. I'm just wondering.

I appreciate that you had it there as long as you did, btw. I know Mayhem and JD have/had that for their city names too. I actually think JD's may have brought a couple of new people here when we was on that hot streak.

bunny 03-23-06 09:50 PM

Some other forum member or someone who dislikes you; reported you, for sure.

I have my "bunny" face (^o^) and have had no problems so far. Just need to remember to change it to my city when transferring funds or cashing out.

Do you know what "bunny" stands for in poker lingo? Numero 8. Do you know why?

Talking Poker 03-23-06 09:53 PM

You don't think they could have done a search in their system for hometowns that end in .com and emailed everyone who tested positive? Seems logicial to me.

^o^ isn't advertising a web site.

I'm a little surprised they allow my avatar... but I'm glad they do. Maybe I should make limited edition ones with different color schemes for people here. That could be cool. Of course, then people couldn't use their own clever images.

bunny 03-23-06 09:56 PM

They wouldn't go to all the trouble you're suggesting. And I have some other friends of mine with .com on their city names and as far as I know, they still have it up there. But I'll make doubly sure and get back to you on that one.

MAYHEM45 03-23-06 10:13 PM

I got a couple referrals out of having TP in my location.

bunny 03-23-06 10:16 PM

If we go by TalkingPoker's logic: "You don't think they could have done a search in their system for hometowns that end in .com and emailed everyone who tested positive?"

That would mean you received an email aswell. So did you?

MAYHEM45 03-23-06 10:35 PM

I changed mine back a week ago to do a cashout and forgot to change it back.

CardSharp 03-23-06 10:36 PM

lol I love how they say "request". Thats like a sign that says "No Smoking Please". There not telling you you can't smoke, simply asking you nicely not to.

Nikita 03-23-06 11:04 PM

I like this idea. Of course, I'm not going to be changing my icon any time soon, but I still think it's a good idea. :)

MAYHEM45 03-23-06 11:54 PM

Yeah Ive already changed my avatar 21673567571 times, dont think they will let me again.

Gordogg 03-24-06 12:32 AM

Why do you change it for cashouts? I've been cashing out just fine with my city name TalkingPoker.com. I'm going to leave it and see what happens.

Talking Poker 03-24-06 01:58 AM

Really? Didn't the check get lost in the mail? :)

I think it depends on HOW you cash out.

bunny 03-24-06 08:29 AM

Same thing happened to a friend of mine. He disregarded the email they sent him (asking him to change his city name). A few weeks later his city was locked with his actual city name. So while others, still had the option of typing whatever they liked in the city space, he did not.

Talking Poker 03-24-06 10:04 AM

Hope he never moves.

bunny 03-24-06 10:27 AM

LOL Good reply....(made me literally laugh)

I am sure they will handle the change for him if he does. ;)

Gordogg 03-24-06 08:48 PM

Well, my city name is Beaver, I like that name whether I move or not. :)