The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Peyton Manning - Disgusting. (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532)

Aequitas58 11-26-04 05:04 AM

Peyton Manning - Disgusting.

How good is he!? All around - great athlete. Best QB in the league? I wish he was more mobile. Faster. But then again, if any of that would take away from his powerful, accurate arm, forget it!

Anyone raking up w/ him on a fantasy league?

Who's ya DADDY!?!?!?

GeoffM 11-26-04 08:01 AM

Best arm in the league, bar-none. Best QB, depends on how you want your QB. Some teams would have him, some Vick, some Caulpepper (spelled wrong, I know). But he is having a season for the ages. Hope his brother turns out to be even half as good.

Aequitas58 11-26-04 08:09 AM

I guess it's a debate on whether or not you want a mobile QB or a strict pocket passer. Depends on the team around him, I guess. But his performance on Thanksgiving against the Lions was great.

GeoffM 11-26-04 09:04 AM

Steve Young currently has the highest single-season QB rating ever, 112.8. Manning is at 126.6 right now, just to put things in perspective. Abolsutely going to smash the QB rating record and the 50 TD mark. If only they weren't blowing out Detroit yesterday, he may have had 2 more in the 4th. It would be nice to see him go over 5000 yards passing too.

SirFWALGMan 11-26-04 09:57 AM

Sucks

Everytime I see him he sucks. heh. Actually I respect his skills alot. He needs a better defence if he is ever going to beat my Patriots. He reminds me of Drew alot too.. doing well, great stats, screws up when it really counts. One of those guys who tries to force things too much because he had great talent.

eddo31 11-26-04 10:00 AM

i think that peyton is a great qb, but his supporting cast is really undervalued. did you see those touchdown passes yesterday? 2 of them were directly from a receiver making a great run after the catch, and the other four were essentially to wide open players. now not every qb in the league could have made that happen, but it wasnt like manning was playing against the 85 bears or the 2000 ravens yesterday

jdiana86 11-26-04 10:25 AM

Yea, I played someone in fantasy who had Manning/Harrison. Lol terrible coaching desicion by me not to start Stokley.

Talking Poker 11-26-04 10:41 AM

I *almost* pulled off a trade for Manning on Tuesday, but instead, he got traded to the only guy in my division with a chance to catch me and knock me out of the playoffs. I'm not happy with this one it. I play him next weekend, so Manning HAS to have a bad game (he also has Harrison AND Pollard), or else I'm in trouble.

I think Manning is the best QB in the NFL right now, and I'm glad to see him smashing all the records... Records are meant to be broken.

Tilter 11-26-04 12:48 PM

Hes a beast. I hope his brother turns out to be good like him (I brought an Authentic Eli jersey over the summer). Soon, people will be comparing QBs to Peyton Manning, and not Marion, Elway, Young, Aikman, Stallbach, etc!

Penguinfan 11-26-04 01:14 PM

The trouble will come in the payoffs when they have to go on the road, and they will. If they have to go to New England or Pittsburgh where it will be cold the Colts are in trouble. No disrespect to Payton, just an overall observation of the Colts.

MarkGreb 11-26-04 02:35 PM

I've got him on 2 teams. Too bad all my other good players (Randy Moss, Preist Holmes) have been hurt.

Just wasting Mannings performances. :(

jillaj 11-26-04 09:01 PM

He is making it look so easy. Best season i have even seen from a QB.

junYUN 11-28-04 03:05 AM

i think tom brady is just as good. if he had the recievers manning had i think we'd see the same numbers.

GeoffM 11-29-04 07:55 AM

I don't think Brady has quite the rocket arm that Manning has. That being said, I don't think Manning has the movie star look that Brady has :D.

Aequitas58 11-29-04 08:20 PM

Brady v. Manning!

I like Brady, he's a good, clutch QB, but Manning is just way too accurate. I wish Brady had a TO or Harrison though - his number would skyrocket, I agree.

saminex@yahoo.com 11-30-04 04:01 AM

I dont see any superbowl rings, so hes not the best. The quarterback is the leader of a team and the best leader would have won a superbowl ring.

Aequitas58 11-30-04 04:03 AM

Nah. Manning is still better...

Besides, you're the same guy who took Brady over Manning in the first round anyway.

drewjax 11-30-04 07:58 AM

He is on fire no doubt, but its not about stats, or the strongest arm, or qb rating etc. Brady gets it done when it counts, period. He is on a great team but honestly its not that great. I agree if he had one absolute stud for a WR, his stats would skyrocket. Honestly, is there anyone you would rather have at the helm in the league than him. I would only say Farve is an equal, in a one game must win. Look at Montana, not the best this or that, but cool under fire. And the Steelers will choke!! No way they beat the Pats when it really counts, and with Dillon and a healthy defense.