The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   AK call or reraise? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9805)

ashmc2 01-25-07 03:54 AM

AK call or reraise?

AK call or reraise?

You have no read on this player. NL FR cash game. You both have a full 100 BB at the table.

1 - If you are in a full ring game and it is raised 4xBB from EP and you are on the button, do you call or reraise?

2 - If you reraise, what is your bet?

3 - If he doubles your reraise, what do you do?

4 - Suited AK change your decision?

5 - Do you play this different Live than Online?

6 - How about if you are the BB and it is folded around to you?

eejit101 01-25-07 04:26 AM

BOLD, but u may want to listen to JD:)

sjay2k 01-25-07 04:51 AM

I usually re-raise. But lately I've been flat calling, maybe 1/3 times.

Yesterday I cold-called with AK from the cutoff. The BB re-raised the pot, the original raiser folded and I shoved. The BB eventually called with AQ (i lost, but meh).

I think cold-calling a raise with AK works better against trickier opponents. Mix it up.

Zybomb 01-25-07 07:06 AM

semi decent discussion on the same topic

Zybomb 01-25-07 03:30 PM

As for your original questions

1) 60/40 ratio of raises and calls, also depending on if other opponents have entered the pot

2) generally 3x the original bet + 1x per caller

3) shove against an idiot, call normally

4) Not really

5) Depending on my opponents sure

6) Here I likely reraise 95% of the time, simply because I hate calling OOP HU and folding when I miss the flop

Van_Broked 01-25-07 07:27 PM

1) About 50/50, more apt to raise if others have called.

2) 12+ to go depending on callers.

3) Fold, nobody ever 4 bets in full ring with less then Kings. With that kind of raise I would expect Aces more then Kings so I'd be in real bad shape.

4) No

5) Absolutely, live players suck compared to online, at least if you play 1/2 NL. Getting AK all in preflop live is +EV.

6) I think it is still 50/50 for me. I used to like to try and take it down pre or with a CB, but I hate the turn decision after I've reraised then he calls a CB on a raggy flop. I'm more likely to reraise an opponent I know, against an unknown I prefer the call.

PShabi 01-25-07 10:10 PM

1 - reraise
2 - 3-4 times the opponents
3 - sometimes call, sometimes push
4 - nope
5 - probably not
6 - same

meanness 01-26-07 12:37 PM

1 - I prefer a flat call in position, but I do re-raise sometimes (maybe 1/3). This is a good spot to mix up your play.

2 - If original raise was to 4BB, I'll re-raise to ~12BB.

3 - That's a tough decision. With no read, I'll call.

4 - Nah.

5 - Nah.

6 - Here I'm OOP, so I will re-raise about 90% of the time. I do try to mix in an occasional call against an aggro opponent that I can c-r if I hit the flop.