The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Chat Room (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2402)

Aequitas58 06-30-05 04:47 PM

Chat Room

Is there anyway you can implement a chat room into this website? Seems like there are a certain # of people who consistently visit on a daily basis (with most visiting multiple times of the day), and it would be interested to get live conversations going.

Just a suggestion.

BrianSwa 06-30-05 05:03 PM

great

great Idea. I have seen them on other forums I have belonged to...until I found TP of course.

kkirk1329 06-30-05 05:12 PM

wouldnt that cut down on posting and stuff?

BrianSwa 06-30-05 05:22 PM

nope

it would actully clean up the forum alot and stop the stupid endless bickering and arguing through posts.

Talking Poker 06-30-05 05:29 PM

Post faster.

I think this would cut down way too much on posting, honestly. And if you think I'm going to put up a chat room so you can fight with people, you're crazy.

There is one (non-poker) board I visit that has this, but I hate it. It's unsearchable, and if there is something I'm looking for, I have to wade through tons and tons of "Good mornings" and other crap to find what I'm looking for. It's a lot easier to keep on top of unread threads/posts than it is to have to wade through a chatbox to see if there is anything relevant.

So........ I guess if you want to "chat," you could start a "Chat" thread in the Off Topic section and post away.

BrianSwa 06-30-05 07:02 PM

general board

wouldnt starting a chat section really basicly the same thing as the general section? I have visited a poker site with a chat room and thought it worked out nice but then you have to worry about people thinking we are chatting and playing in same games and stuff like that/

there are good points to it and bad points not to sure which one outweighs the other. I personally dont think it would cut down on posting too much but its your board TP and if you think it would hurt the board by all means dont put it up. This is basicly one of the best communities I have ever been involved in and dont want to see it go to the gutter like so many others have.

Aequitas58 06-30-05 07:52 PM

Is that directed at me?

Talking Poker 06-30-05 09:29 PM

No. It was directed at the person who said:

BrianSwa 06-30-05 09:31 PM

well

well it is true it would stop it, but like you said I wouldnt want to see it used just for that reason.

Talking Poker 06-30-05 09:31 PM

Someone save this post number, will ya? I'm SURE I will want to quote this sometime down the road.

(Not trying to start shit Brian, but you have to admit you've said the exact opposite a number of times in the past)

Talking Poker 06-30-05 09:32 PM

I also don't think it would stop it.... I think, without naming names, some people like being dicks just to get attention. So they would still start shit in their posts.

BrianSwa 06-30-05 09:32 PM

yep

agreed ive said the opposite when I was mad, kinda childish I know but I have also said in the past that the users here are some of the most informed players ive ever talked to.

Cant tell you how many times I have seen Kurn name on a post and rushed to read it? Like im sure many have also here!

BrianSwa 06-30-05 09:34 PM

thats not reason

thats not reason I start things sometimes im just in a really bad mood and I start shit well just to start shit. Im trying to control, attention has nothing to do with it.

Im not bipolar because im never overly happy I just get very depressed at times, I do appoligize if when Iam I go off on someone I really shouldnt. Now isnt it really ironic I posted that in the Problems section :)