The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Downloading Poker Shows (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347)

jimmytheg 11-11-04 09:48 PM

Downloading Poker Shows

Besides suprnova.org, does anyone know of good sites to download poker torrents from? Im specifically looking for the turning stone event.

Thanks in advance

Talking Poker 11-11-04 10:58 PM

There are quite a few here:

If anyone finds more, particularly old (pre 2003) WSOP final tables or any of the stuff from Europe, I'm interested...

jimmytheg 11-11-04 11:52 PM

Lots of good stuff there, many thanks. Just wish i could find the turning stone event. But I suppose it will be tough finding it, given that it hasnt been shown that many times

johnbaker 11-12-04 04:53 AM

yeah i was looking for turning stone earlier today but suprnova only has 1 bad link..... please post here if you find it

-jB

hime 11-12-04 10:38 AM

Do you know what numbered episode the Turning Stone one was? I might be able to find it that way.

Aequitas58 11-12-04 11:26 AM

Someone help me out.

Speaking of which, I'm not in on this "torrent" thing. How does it work? I'm assuming I'll need a torrent player? Do I just get one and install... and then begin downloading the torrents.

Guidance plz!!

hime 11-12-04 11:54 AM

The files that you download over BitTorrent can be just about anything... video works well over that system, though. It's just another P2P delivery system, basically.

Everyone says the best client is BitTornado, and that's the one I use. So do a Google for that...

Aequitas58 11-12-04 07:38 PM

What's up with the slow connection speeds?

Chutups 11-13-04 02:55 AM

wow, thanks a lot for these, I was searching for poker shows but havn't been able to find any at all. But I was mainly searhing on MIRC.

junYUN 11-13-04 03:19 AM

anyone find anything that isnt torrent?

TajaUk 11-13-04 12:38 PM

Poker shows from Europe are few and fare between. The only poker on TV from 1998 to around 2003 was a program called Late Night poker, originally aired on CH4. It built up a cult following and is a massive reason to why poker is on the up in the UK. People on Late night poker included all the hendon mob, Devilfish, alot of celebs and most of the top euro pro's. Apart from that show I cant think of any televised poker before that.

Tilter 11-15-04 03:29 PM

Talking Poker 11-15-04 04:08 PM

I was in England over the holidays last year, and got to atch a great show every night between 2 and 3... I think it was Late Night Poker. On one episode I saw, they had heart monitors hooked up to the players. AWESOME stuff seeing a guy siting there completely motionless with a pulse of 140! I actually buped into THE guy at the WSOP this year and chatted with him about it for a little while... Cool show.

hime 11-18-04 06:52 PM

Heart monitors? That is hilarious. Watch ESPN want to do that soon in another way to make poker more telegenic.