The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's here.... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5723)

nflchad 02-23-06 01:01 PM

It's here....

The partypoker store has arrived

Talking Poker 02-23-06 01:14 PM

I'm going shopping right now.

I have 25k points to spend. Any suggestions?

GTDawg 02-23-06 01:19 PM

Can you save up for a Harrier Jet like those Pepsi commercials from several years ago?

Cause...if so...a Harrier Jet. You know, for daily commutes and stuff.

Talking Poker 02-23-06 01:33 PM

They have a pretty nice selection of books. You can get the HOH ones for 6k points.

I'm leaning towards getting an ipod Shuffle 512 MB for 25k points....

That's a lot cooler than a pile of smaller stuff. It's worth $70 in the real world:

My question, because I dont' know crap about ipods: Can I load it up with MP3s from my computer, or do I have to use itunes and all that crap? If I have to use itunes, will it read my mp3 collection, or does it only work with officially obtained music? Cause that would suck. I have to assume it will import my mp3s.

This thing looks pretty sweet.

Windbreaker 02-23-06 01:35 PM

Don't get the shuffle man. It only holds 512 mb, you'll be switching songs over like crazy. You should save up to get at least the 2 gb nano. You play such higher limits....it won't take you long to get it once you're back to cash games.

Talking Poker 02-23-06 01:41 PM

Too late! ;)

I'm not "saving up." I'll start from scratch and save up.... MAYBE.... but I just wanted to spend what I have and be done with this account. I just ordered the Shuffle, leaving me with a whopping 51 points.

I don't need 30 GB of songs, and honestly, I don't need an ipod at all. I have XM Satellite radio in the car and at home, so the only time I'd really use this might be playing poker somewhere... and it's tiny, which is cool.

And free!

nflchad 02-23-06 01:54 PM

Just so everyone knows everytime you deposit $500 and let it sit for a week without withdrawing anything they give you 1000 party points which is ~$3-$4. Easy money until they get rid of it this spring.

thrash1294 02-23-06 02:38 PM

Dont knock the shuffle they are cool..
and yes you can download from your cpu.
it holds 100 songs.
good choice TP:D

Robbie Robb 02-23-06 04:26 PM

From someone who provided support to the agents supporting the HP/iPod Shuffle - that's the best bet from the Apple line (except for the Nano that Windbreaker mentioned). I'm not sure what, if anything, you use while bicylcing, but the flash-based players are far superior to the HDD players. You would not believe how many iPods we replaced on a daily basis for dead HDDs.

Also, as Thrash mentioned, no problem at all dumping MP3s over. You'll just need to load 'em into iTunes and they'll transfer over. As mentioned, between 100-120 songs (based on 128 bit encoding).

Man...i do NOT miss supporting those things. My OTHER line of products on the other hand...those I miss...

PShabi 02-23-06 04:31 PM

People have gotten nailed for this. You need to put some effort into it or they'll pick up on a pattern of deposits that doesn't "match your play."

I usually hit EVERY angle, when it comes to squeezing out cash from the poker sites, but even I don't do this. I think this "loophole" is closing up, as I know of two people who were asked to stop doing this in the last 2-3 weeks.

Talking Poker 02-23-06 04:40 PM

Sweet - that sounds awesome. I actually went for a 10+ mile bike ride yesterday, and I use nothing for music. This will be sweet.

Talking Poker 03-11-06 09:58 PM

I just got home a little while ago.... Sitting on top of my pile of mail was a package from "Fulfillment Department" (something like that). I opened it up and sure enough, it's my brand new ipod Shuffle. Wooohooo!

That was pretty quick (< 2 weeks from order to delivery). Definitely can't complain about that.

Thanks Party.

Talking Poker 03-12-06 04:37 PM

Took my 512 MB Shuffle to BestBuy today, along with a 12% off coupon that came in the mail from them this week.... Those plus $18, and I've not got myself a sweet 1 GB ipod Shuffle.

I dig it.

MAYHEM45 03-12-06 04:51 PM

Wait.. they let you return the one you got from party at the store? Man, I've worked for BB and they are pretty dumb, but you always needed a receipt.

Oh and ps. you should have waited a couple weeks. 1GB ipod nanos are coming out soon.

Talking Poker 03-12-06 05:01 PM

They have up to 4 GB Nanos already:

The Shuffle suits me just fine.

And yeah, they let me swap it. "It was a gift," of course.

MAYHEM45 03-12-06 05:08 PM

Yeah I know, but they were originally only 2 and 4G. The smaller one just came out.

Talking Poker 03-12-06 05:09 PM

Ah, gotcha... But still: I don't need no stinking display!