The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How do you not freeze your balls off at an NFL game? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14919)

Penguinfan 11-18-08 06:17 PM

How do you not freeze your balls off at an NFL game?

I was given tickets to this Thursdays nights Steelers/Bengals game and I am looking forward to going, but have never been to a night game and realized it's going to be below 30 degrees with a chance of rain/snow.

Besides wearing a hat and dressing in layers, how do you not freeze to death at a game like this. Or is it not as bad as I am thinking it may be?

Wes 11-18-08 06:19 PM

Go to the games in Glendale, AZ.

Reel Deal 11-18-08 06:45 PM

Whisky.

JDMcNugent7 11-18-08 07:26 PM

light yourself on fire

melioris 11-18-08 08:27 PM

for the balls you got to wear long-johns and layers. But for the old pecker, I prefer never getting it cold at all. You might be asking yourself "Yes, Melioris, that is great and all, I do not know how to accomplish that, hence this thread." And my answer to that is......

PShabi 11-19-08 12:00 AM

Au contraire. It's worse than you can imagine. When I was 8, I went to the 85 Bears first round playoff game against the Giants at Soldier Field. It was 30 below that day. Look at the man I became. You're fucked.

1) Thermal insulated long underwear
2) Layers
3) Ski mask (this is very important)
4) Probably a scarf to go around the neck
5) A ski cap to put on the ski mask
6) Insulated gloves
7) Insulated socks x 3 or 4
8) Ski boots
9) Thermos full of something hot as hell to sip on

Enjoy the game! ;)

PShabi 11-19-08 12:01 AM

Wait, are you saying it's going to be "below 30 degrees" or that it's going to be "30 below?" My game was minus fucking 30. If you're talking like 25 degrees or something don't be a bitch. Paint your chest and wear a thong.

Penguinfan 11-19-08 07:28 AM

I can speak for the population when I say, NOBODY wants to see that.

I am 6 foot tall and 152 pounds, I dont have a lot of insulation on my own so I fear this might get rough.

Quint 11-19-08 07:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lots of these...

Attachment 2132

thrash1294 11-19-08 08:45 AM

keeping feet warm #1

GTDawg 11-19-08 11:58 AM

alcohol

Spuddy 11-19-08 01:14 PM

Coming from a Canadian who just recently attended a CFL playoff game (The CFL is the Canadian Football League) in minus 20 degrees celsius (which is approximately -4 degrees farenheit!) I feel that I can accurately provide you with some advice.

1. Bring money for coffee/hot chocolate (essential)
2. Wear boots that are warm/have a liner (winter style boots).
3. Wear multiple layers of clothes.......... ie. Put as many layers on as possible. For this game I had on 2 t-shirts, one long sleeve t-shirt, a hoodie and a jacket. For pants, I wear long johns (long underwear), thick 100% cotton pajamas, and then pants over top. Two layers of socks or very thick kodiak socks would also be useful.
4. Consume alcohol....... actually warms your body up, but this may be limited.
5. Wear clothes that are both comfortable and warm
6. Bring a blanket
7. Wear a togue or another warm hat you have available, avoid exposure to your ears.
8. Wear a neckwarmer, they are extremely important in preventing your face/neck from being exposed to the bitter elements.
9. STAND UP, get loud and move around as much as possible during the game...... cheer loud and cheer proud. It not only keeps your mind off of the bitter cold, but it also keeps your body moving

Reel Deal 11-19-08 02:11 PM

That. For fuck's sake, 30 degrees is nothing.