The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Favre retiring (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13425)

Reel Deal 03-04-08 09:51 AM

Favre retiring

ESPN is reporting this morning that Brett Favre is hanging 'em up. :(

lightfungus 03-04-08 10:07 AM

Really? That is somewhat surprising. I definitely thought that the success they had this season would keep him coming back for another 2 or 3 years...I guess it is time to go home to the family. You can't blame him for that.

He is also retiring at what, 36? I mean seriously, what a life these guys have.

Reel Deal 03-04-08 10:37 AM

Fuck, I'm depressed.

Fildy 03-04-08 11:57 AM

I am honestly not surprised that he is retiring. I think that he wanted to play one last season, get the records, and help get the Packers into a better place. The Packers are a much better team then they were two years ago, and much of that is due to the leadership and dedication of Farve. I think they only way he would have played one more year is if the Packers picked up Randy Moss or another big named receiver that would need help meshing with the team.

Great Player
Great Card

Thanks for the rookie card value!

kkirk1329 03-04-08 12:13 PM

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck

jillaj 03-04-08 01:19 PM

Now he has more time to persue his other passions of Alcohol and Vicodin.

Talking Poker 03-04-08 01:45 PM

It's a shame they couldn't beat the Giants in the playoffs.... would have made for one hell of a Super Bowl. And then he could have gone out on top.

drewjax 03-04-08 02:34 PM

The Pats would have smoked the Pack in a shootout.

sfobv

Talking Poker 03-04-08 02:54 PM

Yeah, just like they smoked the Giants, right?

lightfungus 03-04-08 02:56 PM

The Giants had the only D line that could stop the Pats, and they played a game that they could only repeat 1 out of 5 times. The stars aligned. The Pats would have swallowed the Pack.

Interesting q, do you think the Giants could have won had they not played the Pats in the regular season?

Reel Deal 03-04-08 03:01 PM

No... that team seemed to lack confidence and consistancy most of the season. That week 17 game gave them both going into and through the playoffs.

But, who cares, this thread is about the GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!! :D

juiCe[3x] 03-04-08 04:06 PM

Very sad day...But gotta thank him for all the memories and for bringing the Pack back.

Kurn 03-04-08 08:09 PM

Actually, the discussion on Boston sports radio today centered on the fact that Favre's agent left the door open to entertaining offers from other teams, saying the deciding factor in his retirement was that he felt the Packers did not want him back.

The consensus opinion (from callers, not writers) was that Favre should unretire and go to the Bears. :D

jakebarf 03-04-08 11:30 PM

IMO....I think he is using his retirement to get the ole front office to make some moves and get them in place to make 1 last superbowl run with the unretired Farve (: just my opinion though