The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What star would you want to play with (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3857)

Ivey67 11-12-05 12:43 PM

What star would you want to play with

If you had the choice of playing with at proffesional poker player, who would it be? I would have to choose Doyle Brunson. He is the most experienced poker player and he has won the most bracelts in the world series. He may be old but he is still a great poker player. If I had to choose someone else it would be Phil Hellmuth so I could shut him up. He is so annyoning some times.

Zybomb 11-12-05 04:05 PM

none -- i like keeping my money :D

Gordogg 11-12-05 05:10 PM

Brunson is tied with Chan as far as WSOP bracelets. Get it straight. Joke. :D

EaglesPlaya 11-12-05 06:09 PM

I would like to play with Matusow.

Matusow would be very fun to play with because he is crazy. His play is unbelievable and his mouth is very entertaining. lol.

Reel Deal 11-12-05 11:43 PM

Phil and the Mouth... just for the entertainment.

BDMK 11-13-05 09:57 PM

id love to practice my game against harrington, cloutier and raymer.

these are my three favorite players/pros, so that would be a lot of fun.

eddo31 11-14-05 12:29 AM

i wouldnt mind playing against anyone who has a great tournament reputation, but donk it up at ring games. supposedly hellmuth is the king of this, but i think there are a bunch of these guys out there.

i think the dream game would be with both matusow and hellmuth. they would be so involved with trying to beat each other, that i think there would be some opportunities to make money off of their donkish/egotistical plays.

akajeff 11-24-05 10:02 PM

I would like to put a real bad beat on Hellmuth and watch him cry.
I would also like to play Negreanu and Ivey.
Maybe take on Raymer as well.

wdson01 11-24-05 10:08 PM

i really want to play tuan lee and see how fast my mind shatters against him and when i get to the mental hospital...but seriously i would like to play with him so i could see if i actually beat him at his own mind ggame

HEwong 11-24-05 10:22 PM

i would want to play the mouth because his mouth would make the game entertaining

HEwong 11-24-05 10:23 PM

i would also like to play with phil ivey. just cuz hes pretty good... and i would have a chance against him.

Talking Poker 11-24-05 11:25 PM

:confused:

Sure you would.

P.S. Stop double posting.

drizzel_121 11-25-05 04:25 PM

nope

stay away from the big doggs now dont want to lose all your money do you but if we were playing for funn it would have to be with devil fish

ytock 11-25-05 04:30 PM

evelyn ng or whatever her names is and isabelle mercer just cos there hott!!!
plus i wouldnt mind getting beaten by them. u could always get em to take u out to dinner as a consolation for taking all ur money! :p

culver boy 11-25-05 06:27 PM

umm hard one...id agree with doyle brunsun because he is a gooooood poker player. i would like to see how i play against a professional...

Ando05 11-27-05 02:53 PM

i would love to play against doyle brunson, because he is the greatest in poker. although i think i will lose all or most of my money, the experience will be worth it.
and for those people who say why would you play a pro, ur gonna lose anyway, i say any basketball fan would love to play michael jordan, why wouldnt poker fans wanna play doyle brunson

olysports 11-27-05 06:00 PM

I would like to play against Doyle Brunson since he has the most experience playing poker and is one of the greatest, if not the greatest poker player of all time and it would just be a great experience to play with one of the greatest poker players of all time.

X-Longshot-X 11-27-05 06:19 PM

I think that i would like to play doyle brunson, he is a legend, even though he would take me for every penny i am worth very very quick i think that it would be an honor to play with him and a great story to tell my poker buddies....

Favre[4] 11-27-05 07:20 PM

I would like to play vs Phil Ivey or Chris Fergusion. Mike Matusaw and Hellmuth wud be entertaining. Doyle Brunson would also be awesome to play against.

redsox4life 11-29-05 07:43 PM

Phil Ivey Most def.

Phil Ivey, he is one of the younger stars of the Poker World however everytime i watch him play he makes moves that no others would make.. i enjoy watchin him reraising the fish with 7-5 off and taking their initial raise when they are holding K-9 On. he just makes amazing moves when he needs to.. Second choice would be Raymer he is highly under rated but by far one of the best tournament players i have ever watched. Sure the greats Chan and Brunson would be fun but i believe they are old school and the newcomers are taking over their space

Talking Poker 11-29-05 08:00 PM

I think it's interesting that everyone in here wants to play with the best poker players they can think of. Do you people have no respect for your money? Phil Ivey would literally be the LAST player that I'd want to play with. He and the Grinder actually scare me. Other than that, I'll take my chances. Yes, even with the mighty Doyle or Negreanu.

As for the pro player that I'd most like to play with.... Well, I've already played with quite a few and of them, Robert Williamson III was my favorite. That guy is a lot of fun at a poker table, so he gets my vote.

Of course, Hellmuth is definitely high on my list, because I'd love to set him off.

Then again, there is the old eye candy factor. Sit me at a table with Evelyn Ng, Isabelle Mercier, Clonie Gowan, and Erin Ness (not a pro, but super hot), and I'd be happy. Of course, I'd probably play badly because I'd be distracted, so yeah, I'm back to RWIII...

420Smurf 11-29-05 08:06 PM

Tough one ivey

That is a tough one, I just have recently taken up the game, I would say, can i make it 2 lol, Phil Ivey seems to be someone I would really like to play poker with, the guy seems to play many different ways as if to always mix it up and keep others on their toes or off lol. Another one I seem to admire and respect a great deal is Chris(Jesus)Ferguson. Always seems to be in the hunt, and is so focused on the game.

S2peck02 11-30-05 06:28 PM

I would choose Carlos Mortensen bcause i would love to learn his ingame strategy

Danjiro 12-21-05 04:42 PM

I like Daniel since he would have a great personality for sitting at the table with the guy...Chan I think would be cool but he's too full of himself as he legitamitely believes he's a walking poker god. Hellmuth would be awesome just to bust his butt out of a tourney!

cheers,
BonusJunky/Danjiro

newftoo 12-21-05 05:07 PM

Ferguson, Hellmuth, Moneymaker..in that order. Ferguson because u would definetly get a lesson from him. Then try my luck with Phil so I could here him whin when I make a stupid call and get lucky. LOL End off with Moneymaker, after the first two I might actually have a chance to take him, he seems like he has been beaten to death by the big guys since his win. He has a look of being lost or beaten down when ever he is on tv.