The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "Check your PMs" (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2216)

Talking Poker 06-09-05 02:46 PM

"Check your PMs"

As I've said in the past, I don't see any need for these posts, so unless someone convinces me otherwise, I'll be deleting them from now on (and would prefer for you to simply not post them).

-Most people are notified via email when they have a PM.
-There is a Link to "Private Messages" at the top of every page that says how many unread PMs you have. People are more likely to see this (on every page of the site) than they are to find your one post in on thread in one section of the site.
-The whole point of a Private Message is that it is Private. By posting about it, all that is being accomplished is telling everyone that you have some sort of secret conversation going on.

If someone makes a valid arguement for these posts, I'll gladly reconsider, but I don't see it happening.

GeoffM 06-09-05 03:40 PM

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed :p.

Sorry TP.

Talking Poker 06-09-05 04:39 PM

Nope... same side as always. No worries... I just wanted to make a post about this once and for all.

ChipFish 06-09-05 04:45 PM

Check your PMs TP! :p

BrianSwa 06-09-05 04:51 PM

hey

hey is this the check your PM's thread? are you gonna sticky this so we dont have to start a new one everytime we want to tell someone to check their pm's?
This is great idea maybe we should even have a check your pm's section.

ChipFish 06-09-05 04:58 PM

I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think TP is going to find this NEARLY as funny as I do. :(

BrianSwa 06-09-05 05:02 PM

hey

you think TP might
:mad:

Talking Poker 06-09-05 06:34 PM

ChipFish has been banned.

Talking Poker 06-09-05 06:35 PM

Nah... I thought it was funny.

Penguinfan 06-09-05 07:34 PM

I am guilty of the above charges, I guess sometimes you just want to make sure someone sees it asap. Your probably right though.

junYUN 06-09-05 09:13 PM

yeah good idea TP that shit is annoying

Talking Poker 06-09-05 09:22 PM

You've become the king of the one liners lately, you know that angry man?

junYUN 06-09-05 09:52 PM

angry? what do you mean "angry?"

ive never done an aggressive thing in my life

also im a simple man and i let my opinions be known simply

Talking Poker 06-09-05 10:31 PM

Oh, I've seen your pictures, you angry man.

PShabi 06-10-05 10:56 AM

Well,

I love the "check your pm" post. If it's directed at you there is this sense of excitement and suspense. It's like opening a Christmas present. On the other hand, if it is addressed to someone else, you are equally intrigued. Don't you always wonder what people are talking about? I do.

So, from here on out, if you want someone to check their PMs just post it in this thread. :p

Thanks TP, for creating a place where the CYPM people can still post in freedom. This is going to be my "home" thread from here on out. Any future inquiries about PShabi in regards to personal appearances, interviews, barmitzvahs, etc can be directed here. :D

Talking Poker 06-10-05 11:37 AM

LOL :D

Somebody has been playing too much poker lately. Dude, you are stil lsleeping once in a while, right?

PShabi 06-16-05 12:32 PM

GeoffM

Check your PMs!!!!! Word.

Aequitas58 06-17-05 12:38 AM

Shabi...

Check your PMs.

:D

EDITED TO ADD: Nevermind. :)

GeoffM 06-20-05 09:59 AM

Chip, check PMs, just wanted to talk a little shit about TP behind his back :p.

BrianSwa 06-25-05 11:47 AM

tp

check your PM's....:) no seriously check them.

Talking Poker 06-25-05 12:12 PM

Not only do I not understand the "Check your PMs" posts, but I really don't understand PMs that are about poker related stuff, where not only could other people give input, but could benefit from the advice given :confused:

I will not be answering your questions via PM.

You post nonsense about your 15 year old sister in law lying to you (I'm sure everyone here is interested in reading about that), but then you PM me poker related questions??? WTF? This is TalkingPoker.com, not TalkingNonsense.com.

BrianSwa 06-25-05 12:16 PM

hey

I thought alot of what I asked you in PM was general knowledge and didnt want to sound stupid posting it. When you told me to put it in forum I did, as for my sister thing. I put that in general room because thats what it is a general topic, If no-one wanted to read it well they dont have to right? I was just kidding in here about checking your PM's I knew you would. Calm down before I have to ban you from this forum :)

GeoffM 06-29-05 12:11 PM

ROTFLMFAO :D