The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Redirection Messages... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5401)

Talking Poker 01-30-06 07:12 PM

Redirection Messages...

You know how every time you make a post, you get that message that says you post has been made and you are being redirected? I think you get them for pretty much everything you do, actually - sending PMs, leaving Rep, voting in polls, etc, etc...

Do you guys like them or hate them? Turns out, I now have the ability to turn them off:

-----
Enabling this option will remove the update pages that are displayed after a user makes a post, starts a search, etc. These pages provide assurance to the user that their information has been processed by the forum. Disabling these pages will save you bandwidth and may lessen the load of the forum on your server.

Note: Some pages will still use the redirection page when cookies are involved to prevent some potential problems.

Robbie Robb 01-30-06 07:35 PM

I'm voting for losing them for a couple simple reasons: 1) less bandwidth. Less bandwidth = less coin out of pocket. 2) Potentially lower server load. The lower the server load, the longer the server will last and the more similtaneous connections COULD be allowed.

I think I can figure out if I click on 'New Posts' and nothing happens after a second or two, I should probably think about clicking on it again :)

rookette22 01-30-06 07:47 PM

Annoying. Yes lose it...slows things down for no reason.

So if this option is removed,will it mean we won't have to wait 60secs in between sending pms?

Talking Poker 01-30-06 10:18 PM

No, you still won't be able to send that many PMs that fast. That has absolutely nothing to do with this.

That's to prevent someone from spamming via PM. I can't imagine why anyone would legitimately need to send that many PMs that fast anyway.

Talking Poker 01-30-06 10:55 PM

Bye bye, redirection messages.

rookette22 01-30-06 11:03 PM

I meant it also in between new posts. There is a 60sec wait between posts.

Correction: that's 30 seconds.

Talking Poker 01-30-06 11:15 PM

That is to prevent people from flooding the board with garbage (if they get pissed off or something), so no, that won't be going away either.

HEwong 01-30-06 11:15 PM

YAY! no more redirections messages.. thanks tp for removing them

P.S. tp i gave you +rep for removing them.. thanks

Nikita 01-30-06 11:27 PM

Wow, I definitely like the lack of redirection messages. Sooooooo much better. I never realized how annoying they were until you got rid of them. Thanks.

JDMcNugent7 01-30-06 11:30 PM

I never understood the point of them in the first place. Way better now that they're gone.

Talking Poker 01-31-06 12:13 AM

I'm with you guys. They were there by default, and I only noticed today that the latest version of vbulletin allows for them to be removed.

MUCH better, if I do say so myself!

Govman6767 01-31-06 10:33 AM

I think if you click back from the redirection message it gives your post credit for a view too.