The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   5/10 Earn Rate (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498)

SirFWALGMan 11-23-04 10:02 AM

5/10 Earn Rate

I know it is bad to be results oriented, but what do people make on an average night playing 5/10? I would be happy with 200 a night, but it seems like 400 is possible.. not sure yet.. I actually would not mind not having to make my money back every night but that is another story..

I actually thing I am turning the corner and things are coming into shape on the 5/10 tables. We will see.

Aequitas58 11-23-04 10:19 AM

I don't play too much LHE, especially 5/10. I will play 5/10 limit at the Taj, but I leave it alone online. I would expect anything over $200 to be good. With the amount of beats out there, I think winning $200 is reasonable and pretty good. Of course, ANYTHING is possible if you get lucky enough.

Talking Poker 11-23-04 11:14 AM

Its hard to base results on "an average night," but if you are averaging (this includes the nighs of your biggest wins and yor biggest losses) $200 per night, that's 20 BBs.... so, if you play for 4 hours, that's 5 BBs per hour, which is very, very good.

I tend to find that people who talk in these terms ("average night") don't really know how much they make though, or are looking at their results far too short term. Play 10k hands (minimum) and let me know how many BBs you are up or down. That's a better indicator of how you are doing than "an average night."

SirFWALGMan 11-23-04 02:46 PM

True

I hear ya. I would assume you could generate a reasonable expectation over time. I have over 40K hands logged, only about 4-5K in 5/10. When I was playing 3/6 I ended up averaging about 100 a night playing two tables. Just was wondering if the same earn rate is likely in 5/10.

Penguinfan 11-23-04 02:57 PM

I don't know about that, I keep score in dollars and cents, thats about as results oriented as you can get.

Talking Poker 11-23-04 07:24 PM

In the long run, this is true... but as an extreme example, just because you win a hand chasing a 2 out draw and hit a lucky miacle card doesn't man you played the hand correctly. The same is true for a single session and so on...

Talking Poker 11-23-04 07:28 PM

I imagine so, yes... but remember, since you are playing higher stakes, you can win less BBs/hr and still be doing better. If you average $101 per night, that's better than the $100 you would have won playing 3/6.

SirFWALGMan 11-23-04 11:17 PM

Yup

Yup. I am getting used to 5/10 now. Had a decent night. I am staying as far away from 6-MAX as I can. I cannot figure out how to beat it. heh.

Talking Poker 11-23-04 11:27 PM

Funny. That's my bread and butter. The only time I play full ring games is when I'm playing NL or in a tourney.... Not sure why I always play limit short.... I guess just because I've had success with it :D