The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stars WSOP sats (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10142)

drewjax 02-26-07 02:21 AM

Stars WSOP sats

WSOP sattys have stared at PokerStars.

Looks like they are giving the $10K buyin, $1000 cash, and another $1000 cash OR 7 days hotel accom. if you agree to wear PokerStars logo gear.

I have never really given this an honest shot. Mabye I can turn $40 into....................................?????????$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:thumbsup:

Nikita 02-26-07 07:15 AM

I haven't decided if I'm going to try these seriously. Last year, I was just looking to build up some W$.

I may not try to win one. I would love to be part of the main event, but I'm thinking it won't be so easy for me to figure out what to do with Alex plus, time off work will probably not be very easy.

Zybomb 02-26-07 02:12 PM

Anyone have a guess as to the ME # of Entrants this year? I'm sure it's going to dip but not sure by how much

2Tone 02-26-07 02:21 PM

How are these being awarded?

Is Stars giving the buy-in as 10k cash, or is Harrah's allowing Stars to register people? Does it matter if the sat winner is American?

I think that question will go a long way to determining the number of ME entrants.

Another question -- if Stars is the only site to directly buy American players in, what is the chance the ME will be one a Stars qualifier? Seems pretty high.

Reel Deal 02-26-07 02:21 PM

+/- 500

eejit101 02-26-07 06:26 PM

my guess would be 6k give or take.

Also i thought FTP was letting US players satty in, as was UB/AP???

Talking Poker 02-26-07 08:31 PM

I'm leaning towards the under. I think we're going to see a significant dip this year...

Kurn 02-26-07 08:46 PM

From the FAQ page on 'Stars

Can I sell (or otherwise transfer) the first package I win for the event?
No. Please do not play in the satellites if you can't attend the event. If you win your first package in a satellite for the event, but for any reason are unable to attend the event, your package will be forfeited without compensation to you.

This seems to indicate they are not giving cash, but registering people themselves. I suspect it took this long to start the sattys because 'Stars' and Harrah's lawyers were discussing this issue and determined that there was no legal issue with this.

Again, the UIGEA restricts US financial institutions' activites with respect to internet gaming sites, not the actions of individual players. If 'Stars transfers the money directly to Harrah's (from a UK bank to a UK subsidiary of Harrah's, hypothetically), no part of the UIGEA has been violated.

eejit101 02-26-07 10:09 PM

yeah if stars uses the RBS (who are getting worried) to Harrah's, that isnt illegal.