The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My tourney week in review (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11689)

Ando05 08-05-07 03:14 PM

My tourney week in review

I don't usually play a lot of tourneys, but I know that I can make more money playing tourneys then cash games, since I guess I am better at it. So I decided on the first day of August that I would play at least one tourney everyday. I think this was my best decision I made in poker. So far I have played about 6 or 7 tourneys, I have cashed in 3 of them, and I almost final tabled all 3! So here are the results of the tourneys I cashed in.

8/02/07- 180 People SnG, it's big enough for me to count it as a tourney, in this tourney I was short stacked maybe the whole time, but eventually made a comeback, at heads up the guy had a 13:1 chip lead on me, but I made a comeback and actually got 2:1 chip lead on him, but I made couple of mistakes and I finished that tourney second.

Buy-in: 4.40, Position: 2/180 Winnings: $144.00, Profit: $139.60

8/03/07- It was the $11, $15,000 guaranteed, 10 minute blind interval tourney, I decided to enter because I wanted to see if I can play a tourney where it's a little faster than usual, since I am sort of a deep stack kind of a tourney player. Anyway 1957 people entered in this tourney, and 180 people got paid. With around 300 to go I think my position was 250th, so my goal at that point was just to make the money, when I made the money my goal was to make the next stage of the money level, I took it one step at a time, when it was down to around 50 people I gave myself a chance to make the final table. So I did it was down to 9, and I was 6th, then 2 people got out quickly, with 7 people to go I was in 4th position, BB came around to me and what do I see, KK. The guy in the first position minimum raises, another guy in middle position calls, blinds btw were at 20k/40k, I had about 400k in front of me. So when it came around to me I pushed, even if everyone folded I would have picked up a nice 200k pot, but the middle position guy called me w/ AK, and A spiked on the flop, this pot was for the chip lead, but instead I got knocked out 7th. I was not disappointed, but I was not happy either.

Buy-in: $11, Position: 7/1957, Winnings: $587.11, Profit: $576.11

8/05/07- This tourney was 1AM in the morning. But I decided to play since we all started w/ 3000 chips. I loved this tourney, actually not much happen until it was down to about 80 people, top 63 got paid, and I was in like 60th place, again I picked up KK in the D button, I thought this would be perfect if I raised and BB or SB think I am stealing and re-raise, now that is exactly what happens, we go all in my KK vs A10s, flop 756, turn 6, river BAM A, and I was basically crippled, I basically had no other choice so I went all in the next hand w/ 46, and got called by AA, gg me right? Well not really flop 4710, turn K, river OMG 6!! I start stealing a couple of pots after that and I make it in the money, my chip stack is healthy w/ a little shorter than average. I get QQ, I raise, someone pushed, I call, he has AK, and I was really surprised that my QQ actually held up, and I was double the average stack, and I was 4th with 36 to go. I made a couple of mistakes with the big stack and lost a bit of my chips, but no worries I get KK, just like last time, the guy in first position raised, someone called, and I re raised, first position folds the other guy calls w/ AK, and my KK holds!! I was 5th with 26 to go, I was thinking to myself 3 final tables in a row would just be insane, then a critical hand came up, I had AQ in the BB, everyone folds and SB limps, this is when I made the mistake and decided to check, and if A came on the flop I would bet or raise, if not the pot is his, flop came AJ4, the guy bet out, I raised he called, turn 5, he bets I just call, and river 8, he bets a little bigger, and I just call, he shows 32 for the straight, now I am short stacked again, with less than 5BBs I decide to push the next A high, so I get A4, I push QQ calls me, flop A23, turn 8, river LOL Q! So I ended up getting 14th in this tourney, but overall I really wanted to make the final table.

Buy-in: $33, Position: 14/508, Winnings: $106.68, Profit: $73.68

Net Profit: $789.39 :thumbsup:

Spidey44 08-05-07 03:35 PM

Damn, nice run. Keep it up!