The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Arcade (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Introducing... The Talking Poker ARCADE! (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11328)

Talking Poker 06-28-07 12:20 AM

Introducing... The Talking Poker ARCADE!

Bored? Running badly? Tilting? Spend some time in the !

Just click on in the main menu bar. We currently have the following nine games to choose from:

Asteroids
Space Invaders
Pacman
Tetris
Snake
Simon
Hexxagon
Breakout
Moon Lander

Wooohooo! Anyone with at least 5 posts can play and people with over 1000 posts have the ability to create tournaments.

I have yet to play a game yet, so please post here if you find any bugs in the arcade. Once I confirm things are running smoothly, I'd be happy to take requests for new games, etc... We now literally have the ability to host hundreds and possibly even thousands of games!

Talking Poker 06-28-07 12:28 AM

Oh, an BTW - I will gladly school ANY of you in Tetris. I just played a game of Asteroids (ahhh, memories) and it looks like everything works - the high scores updated properly and so on.

I'm going to keep playing around for a bit, but I'll let you guys go ahead and play Tetris first. Give me something to shoot for, cause once I play, you won't be seeing your names on the Tetris High Score list ever again.

:cheers:

Talking Poker 06-28-07 01:38 AM

OK, so Space Invaders kind of sucks.

In the Atari 2600 days, I remember it eventually getting impossibly hard. Well, this version seems to stall out at some point, so after playing what I think was the same level 50ish times and still being able to kill all the aliens before a single one hit the right side of the screen, I got my score to an even 200,000 and then started killing myself. I had so many lives, this actually took a while, but finally finished myself off.

My hands hurt. No more Space Invaders for me!

juiCe[3x] 06-28-07 02:43 AM

I used to play Pac-Man all the time so I should put up a good fight on that leaderboard atleast =)

Ando05 06-28-07 04:19 AM

could we make sidebets on games or like bonuses to highscores it'll be kinda fun like dat

Zybomb 06-28-07 01:58 PM

Awesome addition!

Talking Poker 06-28-07 02:29 PM

At first, I thought the high score icons in our post headers were annoying and I was going to remove them, but I kind of like them now. They default to a scrolling marquee that says "Asteroids Champion" (for example), but I changed it to show only the icon for the game, which I think is cool.

Seems the arcade is running fairly smoothly so far.

bunny 06-28-07 03:08 PM

Besides the famous, "Pacman" my 2nd favorite was "Donkey Kong" & I was rather good at "Tetris"!

Nice addition... :thumbsup:

de-coder 06-28-07 04:14 PM

I found a bug... I was playing pacman on a pc (not my normal one) and didn't have the "remember me" thing clicked (again, not my normal pc). I scored pretty good, but when the game was over it spewed sql errors - I believe my session timed out during the game and it couldn't update the score correctly.

I'll play again when I get home..

Talking Poker 06-28-07 04:34 PM

I set the high score for Tetris the first time I played, but it didn't update. I think it was because I didn't click "OK" though - I didn't get an SQL error.

I don't think your "bug" can be fixed either... that's probably just how it works. I dunno.

BTW - someone beat my Tetris score, please. I need something to shoot for.

stormswa 06-28-07 05:40 PM

nice addition.

Zybomb 06-28-07 07:34 PM

I like how u get a PM when someone beats your high score at a game (TP beat my breakout one earlier)

Edit: :eek::eek::eek: and I guess leftwing got him back--- BY TRIPLE HIS SCORE?!?!??!

bunny 06-28-07 07:48 PM

Did you know that if you click on anyone's "game icon", it brings you directly to that game. :cool:

left68wing 06-28-07 08:07 PM

ha, i could have kept going, but i got bored.

Robbr25 06-28-07 08:08 PM

Great new addition !!

Talking Poker 06-28-07 11:08 PM

Yes. Yes, I did. :cool:

bunny 06-28-07 11:34 PM

Seems that the phrase I used in one game, keeps coming up in the others. In my 18k high score for tetris, I didn't add any phrase, but yet it picked up an old one from another game or maybe this one.

Talking Poker 06-28-07 11:42 PM

:confused:

I don't even see you on the Tetris Top 10...?

Oh, come on people - does no one even have HALF of my Tetris score yet??? And I wasn't even playing well!

bunny 06-29-07 08:44 AM

Click on 2nd page...

2 Attachment(s)
I'm 14th! (18k)

I never typed any phrase in the blank space provided. :confused:

I'm a little rusty, haven't played this in a long time and never on a computer using keys. (I prefer the joystick) In some games, such as Pacman, a joystick is much better than computer keys.

Will have one more game of tetris and then I'm off... for a weekend of R & R.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

ps. You definitely must now add a "frustrated" smiley. (for game... stress purposes only) ;)

I prefer the red one (cussing).

Nikita 06-29-07 09:25 AM

I notice that where the games are listed there's an area for game rating, but I don't see anywhere that you can rate the games, is this something to be added later or am I being blind?

GTDawg 06-29-07 11:26 AM

Once I get used to only being able to rotate the blocks one direction and the stupid blocks sticking as soon as they touch instead of being able to move them (like moving them under an overhang)...then I'll be fine.

Talking Poker 06-29-07 01:10 PM

That is a fine question - I don't know. I'll have to look into this.

Talking Poker 06-29-07 01:13 PM

Tell me about it. My problem is that I'd prefer they rotate in the OTHER direction. And they don't stick quite as badly as you are saying (you can get them under the overhangs), but they do seem to stick faster than they should.

It also seems that the fgame is especially cruel - you can build up a perfectly filled in wall all the way to the top without getting a freaking straight piece, but I've also had 4 or 5 of them in the span of 6 shapes before.

Thanks for beating my high score. I'll reclaim it later today.

GTDawg 06-29-07 02:59 PM

Yeah, it's not awful. But it's definitely a faster stick than the trust TI-83+ Tetris calculator game I honed my skills on.

Robbr25 06-29-07 11:21 PM

On the "Your Rankings" page,
on the right it lists your number of "Top Ten Finishes:".
Mine says 5 it should be 7.
When does it refresh its numbers ? If dynamically, it is broken.