The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   League Rules/Signup (Summary) (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4297)

BlibbityBlabbity 01-18-06 08:56 AM

Ok, the first post is updated with all the changes so if anyone is confused you can take a look there and see it all in one place.

TP, do you have a list of everyone you have recieved money from? Is it the same as the list in the first post? If not let me know. I will be sending out the PMs with the password tonight or tommorrow morning.

BlibbityBlabbity 01-18-06 09:11 AM

As long as you are paid up (league fee) before the event starts you will get points for that event.

Talking Poker 01-18-06 11:39 AM

A few questions/comments:

-Tourneys will automatiucally be cancelled if there are less than 3 players. This is a Stars rule.

-I thought we decided long ago that we don't care about "crashers." If someone not in the league (but hopefully from the forum) wants to play, so be it. They will get points and everything, but their points won't count towards the league until AFTER they pay up, and only for matches played AFTER they pay. I actually like the idea of allowing "crashers" in, since it will give us a bigger field, prize pool, etc. I also highly doubt we'd get anyone that's not a part of this forum anyway, and if we do, they will likely be someone interested in joining our forum and league, which is a good thing.

-I like the new point system. I think we should use people's best SIX results. We have a total of 10 events, right? That number just feels right to me, but I'm open to whatever.

-Stars names that I can cofirm as paid (in the order they paid) are:
Rogue23
jillaj
govman6767
trent1776
TimeToWinTD
JDpoker$tar7
Gordogg
PShabi
mayhem45
jimmym
drewjax
studiopet (<---- Edit: Paid after I made this post)

-Zybomb? fungusboy? Others? Let's go people...

studiopet 01-18-06 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just transferred funds over to TP.

Lets Rock....

BlibbityBlabbity 01-18-06 12:28 PM

Comments in bold above

PShabi 01-18-06 12:55 PM

yes, 6 would be better than 5.

BlibbityBlabbity 01-18-06 01:27 PM

yes, what? I couldn't hear you:p

PShabi 01-18-06 01:38 PM

Don't make me paint you red.

Talking Poker 01-18-06 01:40 PM

You said:
Anyone playing in the tourney will generate 10 points put up for grabs toward the league, but only the lague players will be counted when we distribute the points for each event. So if a "crasher" takes first, then the 2nd place finisher (league member) would get the 1st place league points.

I say:
I don't think this is necessary. I think the league member who gets second should get second place points and no one should get first place points. That's easy enough. Think of the non league members like "defense" or something.

Talking Poker 01-18-06 01:41 PM

This made me LOL twice today.

BTW - Robbie Robb is confirmed now too.

MAYHEM45 01-18-06 01:41 PM

I'd prefer All Time Goalie instead. Road hockey. Those were the days.

CAR!!!

Talking Poker 01-18-06 01:43 PM

Game On!!!!

Good times, good times...

Tony Cheval 01-18-06 01:52 PM

In an ironic twist, I got scheduled for a MORNING shift tomorrow, so I got your crasher right here. <_< >_> (Still only 6 maximum dates I COULD make, so passing on the league this time).

Talking Poker 01-18-06 02:08 PM

Man up - send the 10 bucks!

I haven't even looked at the schedule yet, and I'm in :)

BB - you're in charge of keeping track of all the scores, right?

BlibbityBlabbity 01-18-06 02:15 PM

I don't really care one way or the other. We SHOULDN'T have more than 1-2 non-league players anyway, right? If there were a lot it could cause issues.

Why would you think I was keeping score???:p

Talking Poker 01-18-06 02:38 PM

Oh, you'll be keepoing score, Mister. For simplicity sake, let's just not count the score of the non-league players, and everyone else gets what they get.

bigjohnstud2o 01-18-06 02:59 PM

I would like to get in.

I would have to player transfer someone money. I only have funds on UB. All help appreciated. im wsop2oo7 on stars

drewjax 01-18-06 03:38 PM

Even if there is a chance, why risk it. It would be really simple to just PM password to those in league. There are only like 12 or so of us. We spent all this time, and BB etc. did alot of work to set this up. It would be a shame if someone pissed someone off for whatever reason and then a couple donkeys crash our tourneys at the end or whatever. Shit we had a hard enough time getting players for regular TP forum tourneys, where we posted the password. If anyone down the road sees that we have a good league, and wants to join in, they will be all the more motivated and excited to join the next league.
Probably not a huge issue, but why deal with potential headaches, when we really dont have to. Simply pick a new password for the final 9 tourneys, and PM to those who are paid. Maybe we could add a late registration deadline, if someone want to join in after a few tourneys.
Again, just my opinions. We are all trying to tweek this to be the best it can be. I'll play as many as I can either way (actually probably about 6 max).

BB, if you need any help (points/PM's etc.) let me know.

BlibbityBlabbity 01-18-06 04:28 PM

OK, that is the word then. For this time around we will ignore non-league players in determining the league point distruibution. We'll see how it goes and decide if we want to change it for the next time around.

Since these are NOT freerolls, I have a hard time believing that anyone will join and disrupt the event (go all in every hand, etc), but on the other hand....I wouldn't mind having some dead money in there! For that reason I agree that I don't "think" we need to keep the password private. If we start to run into issues we will send it via PM for the rest of the events as needed.

Robbie Robb 01-18-06 04:50 PM

I agree with Blibbity's thoughts regarding the password. As long as we don't have a whole ton of people show up, making it almost impossible for any of us to win, then it's not an issue. If one or two show up each week in an attempt to donate their $10 to one of us, who are we to say no?!?!?! :)

Zybomb 01-18-06 04:54 PM

ok my funds are sent

PS: Blibbity, you dont have to send me a professional sounding PM, something more along the lines of are you playing if so pay up already dick, would be just fine :D

bigjohnstud2o 01-18-06 05:19 PM

hey

Could someone help me get money on to stars. My ID is wsop2oo7. I have money on UB. Please someone help me get in the forum league.

BlibbityBlabbity 01-18-06 05:28 PM

This just won't be finished and done with....

So, I am looking at the first post and I remembered that I was going to ask what people thought of the overall league payouts. Right now I have 1st, 2nd and 3rd splitting the prize pool. We are at 14 players now and there might be a few more out there.

Should we go to 4 payout spots? 40, 30, 20, 10 maybe?

Robbie Robb 01-18-06 05:49 PM

I would say if we do hit the 15 person paid mark, then let's bump it up to 4 places paid out. I think that with 14 people, 3 payouts is still good.

lightfungus 01-18-06 06:25 PM

Sending to TP now.