The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   This guy is amazing (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9724)

kkirk1329 01-16-07 05:45 PM

This guy is amazing

Agent 0 is playing on an unbelievable level as of late. whether its a game winner or dropping 50 points effortlessly he has to be considered for the MVP this year if the wizards continue to play well.

omahilo 01-16-07 08:20 PM

well when you shoot the ball 80 times a game you're bound to score 50 pts a game...

X-Longshot-X 01-16-07 08:38 PM

scoring 50 points a game is just selfish, i mean come the fuck on, you are tellin me that every time he shot the ball he couldnt find an open man, what the hell are his teamates doin this whole time? runnin back and forth down the court. Im not a big fan of big scorers, i woulda rather see you have assists and points, it shows actuall skill and teamwork, points are overated

kkirk1329 01-16-07 10:16 PM

....arenas is around 4 assists behind the league leader per game.... and he is first if not second in steals per game, he is also the obvious leader of the team and without him taking that many shots, they would not be even close to the team that they are now. not to mention clutch.

Talking Poker 01-16-07 10:25 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the team that scores the most points wins still, right? At least that how it worked when I used to play.

X-Longshot-X 01-16-07 10:27 PM

idc if your scoring 100 points or 15 points, if you are assisting your team thats what is important, i just think that scoring 50 points is a little excessive

Robbr25 01-16-07 10:28 PM

So I guess Jordan, Kobe, Shaq are too excessive.

X-Longshot-X 01-16-07 10:33 PM

Bold-Team Player
Itallics-Yes
Underline-Scores a lot less than people think

Boobie Lover 01-16-07 10:39 PM

He is a very good player, but it is such a shame that he plays in the Eastern Conference since no one actually cares about the D League.

kkirk1329 01-16-07 11:06 PM

sorry longshot but if theres a guy dropping 100 a game, im taking him over any amount of assists, TP has it right, the team that scores the most wins. arenas is averaging less shots per game than kobe, shaq, lebron, carmelo, and iverson so its not like hes launching 30 shots a game.

PShabi 01-17-07 12:28 AM

Spoken like a person who shouldn't be talking about basketball. :thumbsup:

omahilo 01-17-07 07:54 AM

Arenas is just like TMAC or Vince Carter... a good individual player on a medicore team that will never win a ring.

He is a nice circus to watch but the wizards wont go nowhere in the playoffs... They will win 45-50 games, get in the playoffs since its the Eastern Conference then lose in the 1st or 2nd round.

GeoffM 01-17-07 08:58 AM

Sounds pretty cocky on this blog of his too. You think he'd be a little more modest seeing as how he has won nothing.

Reel Deal 01-17-07 09:56 AM

I miss Magic.

kmb13592 01-17-07 04:58 PM

Please get your head out of your ass before you make a post like this. First of all you say what are his teamates doing. Well Butler is playing like an all star averaging over 20 a game, and which is the fourth most for a second highest scorer on any team in league. He also has Jamison who is averaging 19 points per game. And you say you would rather see him not score as much. Well we are 1-4 when he scores under 20, and we are 16-2 when he scores over 30.

And this talk about the mvp. He averaged 30 points and 6 assists per game last year. He carried our team and shouldve been atleast mentioned when talking about mvp. But he wasn't, and he did not even get voted onto the allstar team last year. As of now he should be a lock for mvp, and certainly should win it if he continues like this. Not to mention the two time mvp and favorite to win it again this year, Steve Nash, is the most overrated player in the league.