The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NFL this weekend (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8139)

GeoffM 09-05-06 11:24 AM

NFL this weekend

Noone has posted yet. Who is everyone liking?

I really like New Orleans +3 in Cleveland. I actually like N.O. outright for +145. They have one of the best offenses in the league IMO, and Cleveland's rookie QB negates the fact N.O. defense isn't that great.

Anyone want to talk me out of this pick with their logic?

eejit101 09-05-06 11:26 AM

nah, NO will be all over that.

My first week pick - Giants

omahilo 09-05-06 11:40 AM

Bengals +2.5

Eagles -4

Cowboys +2.5

Arizona -7.5

These are the four Im looking at right now, I havent placed any wagers as of yet. I like to see what Penguin is thinking before I go too crazy.

As for the browns game, I think the browns will win the game. The saints arent as good as everyone thinks they are.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 12:18 PM

I've decided to ride the Penguinfan money train all season... or until he gives me reason not to.

I have my thoughts on a few games, but his are always better.

Reel Deal 09-05-06 12:42 PM

That's probably a good play... the Jaguars 1st team O was horrible in the preseason and they lost their short-yardage/goal line HB Greg Jones for the year. I'd be surprised if they put up more than 2 FGs on a good Cowboys D. The Jags have a very good D but will be missing one of their top players MLB Mike Peterson. I'd take those points and the under on this one.

MAYHEM45 09-05-06 01:09 PM

Ditto. But first, GO STEELERS!

Talking Poker 09-05-06 01:09 PM

Are you playing in the league with us? Please go read that last couple of pages and confirm.

GeoffM 09-05-06 02:06 PM

I don't understand what you're saying. I'm taking NO, so yes, I want them to be all over that.

Also, NO vs. Cleveland, O 35.5.

Zybomb 09-05-06 02:24 PM

While I hate laying points on the road

Seattle - 6 over DETROIT looks pretty damn good (at least at first glance)

I'll have to look into it a bit, but Im pretty sure I like this game

kmb13592 09-05-06 05:02 PM

Anybody want to make some bets through pokerstars?

I'd like to get some money on Jacksonville, Miami, and Washington.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 05:20 PM

Good luck. We've had problems with this in the past (people losing and then not paying) and with your "red" Rep, I really wouldn't count on anyone taking your action.

The only way these things usually happen is if you put them money into a trusted escrow account, but I really don't feel like getting involved unless someone wants to make a BIG bet. I'm sure eejit will be happy to hold the money for you guys though.

kmb13592 09-05-06 06:24 PM

Considering I have money in both of the fantasy league I feel that would be enough to trust me, since if i screw someone over I will just lose that $20 in the leagues. Also if any of the moderators are willing to hold money that would be appreciated. If nobodys interested than so be it.

kmb13592 09-05-06 06:27 PM

HAHAHAHAHA. Best offense in the league. That is the funniest thing I've heard all day. I hope your joking, and if not I suggest you do some research before betting.

thrash1294 09-05-06 06:51 PM

YES already laid money on sea that is the bet of the week:D

n.o. vs cleve I would not touch this game

both bad I have n.o. and s.f. as worst teams in league followed close by tennesse

Penguinfan 09-05-06 06:58 PM

I don't play too much week 1 reguardless, and this particular week 1 I will be traveling for work, depending on my flight time Sunday (which I still don't have tickets in hand for) I may not even be near a computer with internet access till after the late games kick off.

Work really gets in the way of life.

omahilo 09-05-06 11:25 PM

SEA doesnt look too bad, I would consider taking this game as well.

I dont consider it the game of the week tho but it could be a solid pick. SEA is one of the best teams in the league. The thing is tho you never know what the lions might do, they are so unpredictable. some weeks they look worst than the 49ers and other weeks they look like a SB team.

Penguinfan 09-06-06 02:03 PM

This was the first game to jump off the page when I looked at the opening lines.

omahilo 09-06-06 02:08 PM

Like I said, Im not a expert... I look at different things when betting but Im sure its not nearly as in depth as you go into it.

Im just waiting on your picks for week 1... cant wait.

Penguinfan 09-06-06 02:16 PM

My buddy and I are going over stuff now, keep in mind anything I post will have to be Saturday and will be without last minute injuries and weather changes since I will be traveling Sunday.

GeoffM 09-06-06 02:28 PM

Are you looking at the same team I am? Brees is a proven top-flight QB, Horn is a premier receiver coming off a bad year, McAllister is a stud RB coming off an injury-plagued 2005, and Reggie Bush is superman. I'd take that offense over most in this league. Their defense is worrisome, but I also think Rueben Droughns is overrated and Frye is a rookie QB.

Edit to add: Said one of the best. I like N.E., NYG, S.D., Cincy, and Indy of course.

I also did my research. Based on last year is comparing apples to oranges here. N.O. Had Aaron Brooks playing QB last year with zero running game.

GeoffM 09-06-06 02:32 PM

Post away, I'm jumping on your bandwagon too (other than the bet I already threw on NO and over).

kmb13592 09-06-06 06:17 PM

I'm not saying they won't beat Clevelend, but still no way are they one of the best offenses. I'm not sure if you are aware but in the NFL offensive lines are used, and NO has one of the worst. They are a bad line and word is that they are gonna be switching guys around which will create huge growing problems. On top of that there tight end is not a threat to catch passes. They also just got rid of Stallworth, making their recieving group average, not stellar. Horn is great but he will never be as good as he was in 04. And I like Brees, but there is no way of knowing yet whether he will be as good as he was the last two years.