The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NFL this weekend (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8960)

Reel Deal 11-10-06 03:34 PM

NFL this weekend

Yeah, I know, we should be staying the fuck away from the NFL this year... but, these look pretty good:

Ravens -7 1/2 @ Tennessee. The Titans are flat out horrible and the Ravens are built much like Jacksonville who just pounded Tenn last week.

Eagles -7 @ home vs. Washington. One of the league's top offenses vs. one of the league's worst defenses (statistically speaking) and the Eagles are coming off a bye and should be pretty bent after having 2 weeks to think about their home loss to the Jaguars.

Thoughts?

Reel Deal 11-10-06 03:40 PM

Also, I like Wake tomorrow v. FSU... Seminoles shouldn't be giving that many points to a team that's 8-1.

Penguinfan 11-10-06 03:58 PM

Reel Deal, I have been asked by a friend to take some of the games for him this weekend and work out some plays, the Baltimore/Tenn game is one of them.

I am looking at it some today and more early tomorrow since I will be at the Pens game tonight. I will put a reply in this thread probably by 9:00 AM EST if you are interested.

Reel Deal 11-10-06 04:41 PM

Very interested. Thanks.

juiCe[3x] 11-10-06 05:00 PM

Just quickely looking over it I like :

Green Bay + 5 1/2 over Minnesota

Even thou Green Bay has been losing this year, besides two games they have kept it close. The Packers defense has been stepping up and I think they might be able to win.

Chargers -1 Over Bengals

Bengals haven't really gotten it going this week and Chargers arent doing bad. Chargers should be able to win this game but it might be close.

I think the KC / Miami game is -1 for KC and I would take KC as they are rolling right now and Miami isn't that good.

I would also take the Ravens/Titans game.

Zybomb 11-11-06 05:00 AM

Laying over a touchdown on the road is never a safe bet IMO. I like the Ravens here if i have to chose, but ill stay away

I like Wake too... a lot actually. FSU is getting spreads strictly bc of their name and Wake proved something vs BC last week

Reel Deal 11-11-06 10:03 AM

Yeah, I hate going against a home dog too but after seeing the Titans in person last weekend I feel pretty good about this play.

Penguinfan 11-11-06 10:36 AM

I'm running behind, ran into a pretty big amount of unexpected trouble last night (after watching the Pens get killed of course).

Talking Poker 11-11-06 12:20 PM

The Eagles have been killing me all year. I don't know what their deal is, but I can tell you they haven't been covering nearly as much as they should.

Penguinfan 11-11-06 01:00 PM

Balt/Tenn

The wild card here is the Balt/NO game, that one just doesn't fit in anywhere. Otherwise Baltimore has been a VERY AVERAGE team, beating lowly teams and just barely sometimes.

Cincy (who is not as good as advertised) by 6

SD (decent team) by 3

Cleveland by 1???

Tennessee on the other hand kept it close and in doubt agiant Indy, but gotten rolled by SD and Jax, both of whom I think are better than Baltimore.

Game is on Grass so points will be at a premuim. Give the edge in both running the ball and passing to the Ravens by a slight margain.

I doubt anyone could talk me into betting Tennessee here, but I don't think I lay more than 7 on the road with the Ravens.

If you gotta bet this game go with Baltimore but buy the line down to 7 or 6.5 for sure, no way I lay 8 here.

Reel Deal 11-13-06 01:54 AM

Looks like the Ravens spotted the Titans too many at the start. Oh well, I'll take a 2 for 3 weekend.