The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beats and Brags (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Real nice suckout! (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188)

Jackass_man 10-27-04 08:40 PM

Real nice suckout!

On the button with AQclubs .50\1 nl , one limper I raise to 4 , BB and limper call. Flop: Ah3H9s I bet 6 two callers,turn:10d I bet twelve one caller.River:10s I bet 15 get raised 15 more I call.
Showdown: Me one pair aces
Hero: three of a kind 10,8 offsuit! :mad:

brokeagain 10-27-04 08:46 PM

see my post about playing NL hold em......

Tilter 10-27-04 09:51 PM

Thats a tough one. I experience it almost every day on PP but it always evens out in the end :) so its all good.

eddo31 10-28-04 03:18 AM

wow. i know it happens all the time, but what could that person have possibly been thinking. usually i can at least get an idea of what the other peson might have been thinking about, but postflop i see virtually no way to call that hand.

tough luck. im sure that person paid you off later though.

Aequitas58 10-28-04 07:43 AM

Terrible. I've gotten really bad beats lately - usually at the Jackpot tables, because people will stay in with ANYTHING. And, people do hit their 2-3 outers - who knows what they are thinking.

Here's one from last night.

JJ/button. Pre-flop raise in a SnG 4x BB, BB calls w/ Q2o, hits his Q on the river. Board was all low-cards, and I was pounding. Terrible.

GeoffM 10-28-04 08:40 AM

Boy oh boy do I hate JJ. 12 cards to hit the flop and kill them. I absolutely never win with this hand, so unless I hit trips, I'm likely out before the hands are shown.

bothecorgi 10-28-04 03:19 PM

Yesterday, in a $.5-$1 NL HE game, my pocket Qs were taken down by someone holding J10 suited after calling my pre-flop raise to $10 and my turn bet of $10. Reloaded and won it back with pocket As later on.

2Tone 10-28-04 05:57 PM

Jacks - the hardest hand of all?

Anybody read Jackpot Jay on ESPN.com? I'm not a big fan, but thought his comments on pocket Jacks were interesting.

He writes ...

The hardest hand for me to play with any comfort is J-J. No move really makes any sense. A small raise is probably the worst play. If you get any callers and overcards come on the flop, you are probably in trouble and definitely feeling insecure. A large raise, designed to win the pot right then and there, might work -- but if that's your philosophy, why not make a large raise with any two cards and try to win the pot right then and there? What are you really hoping for? That a guy with 10-10 will call? The safest and most logical play is to treat J-J like a small pair -- try to see the flop as cheaply as possible, and hope you flop a set. This doesn't seem quite right to me, either, because J-J is the fifth-best starting hand you can have; and it seems, logically, like you should be able to do more with it than with, say, 3-3.

johnbaker 10-28-04 07:19 PM

lol...what was he calling the flop for i wonder

jimmytheg 10-28-04 10:53 PM

All I can think of is that he was planning on trying to bluff you off the pot if a heart came...and when he hit his pair on the turn he was just sucked in even more....cant get too pissed though, guys like that you rich over time

johnbaker 10-29-04 01:31 AM

this is 0.5/1 on party... there arent many players who think that much about plays. calling 6 is planning to DRAW TO A BLUFF is one of the worst plays ive ever heard of. whats this guy's sn? i hope you wrote it down.

-jB

Jackass_man 10-29-04 12:43 PM

It was actually on the gaming club and I had $190 at the time and he had about 120.

SirFWALGMan 11-17-04 11:11 AM

Me too

Flopped Trips last night and the board goes 9-9-10 to give me a boat, and the other guy a BIGGER boat! Arg!