The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   XLII - final thoughts (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13245)

Kurn 02-05-08 11:25 AM

XLII - final thoughts

1. Maybe it's because I'm a poker player and have been rivered my share of times (including as a 6.67:1 favorite on the turn in the biggest game of my life), but I'm nowhere near as broken up about the Pats' loss as most others around here.

Brady worked his usual late game magic and led them to the go ahead score with 2:35 left. 8 times out of ten that holds up. This time it didn't. NH Giants.

2. Regardless of who got the MVP, anybody who doesn't recognize that the hero of the game for the Giants is David Tyree is delusional.

3. And finally, when will the NFL stop playing its biggest game in cities that aren't prepared to handle the masive influx of people for the party week and build big stadium in Vegas and play every Super Bowl there?

Reel Deal 02-05-08 11:41 AM

My .02 cents on your comments...

#2 - I actually think the hero of the game was the Giants front 4 on defense. They were outstanding. I think if the Pats face any other front 4 in the league they win the game going away.

#3 - New Orleans... FTW!!

Fildy 02-05-08 11:56 AM

While I do believe that the Giants front 4 were the MVPs, I do not think they were the hero. They played amazing, and were in Brady's face all night long, and basically won the game for the Giants, but the actual hero has to be Tyree. thats who all the giants fans will remember making the miracle grab to get the first and a new set of downs. While he may not have had a huge impact throughout the game, he is the that will be remembered. I personally think that it sucks. I used to be an O Lineman and during one of the early rushes of the game, Bradshaw (44 Giants) made a big run and kept his feet moving while someone was trying to tackle him and they said that it was amazing, and a great run. It was a good run, but they completely failed to mention the offensive lineman shoving the defensive player back, helping bradshaw pick up the extra yards. ahhh, unsung heroes.

Reel Deal 02-05-08 12:03 PM

Yeah, I do think Tyree and that catch is what's going to be remembered longest, however, but for the front 4 on defense he's not put in position to make that catch, IMO.

Kurn 02-05-08 01:41 PM

Win as a team, lose as a team. Plus props to the Defensive Coordinator for devising bitz/rush packages the Pats couldn't solve.

PShabi 02-07-08 01:50 AM

Because it was fucking FREEZING here on Super Bowl Sunday, that's why!

Kurn 02-07-08 07:43 AM

Meh. There was an ice storm in Atlanta for Super Bowl XXXV. I doubt anomalous weather can change things, especially if there's a dome on the Stadium, which would be a must in Vegas.

drewjax 02-08-08 05:08 PM

I only have one thing to say...............................

GO CELTICS!!:D:thumbsup:

going to C's/Timberwolves tonight.........no KG........ugh
just more f'n buzzkill in my life

:cheers::cheers:

lightfungus 02-09-08 10:58 AM

That wouldn't have been a game without the Giants front 4. They gave the Giants the opportunity to win. I still think you play that game 4 times and the Pats win 3 out of 4.